Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BossmanL56 View Post
    What is Compass Connect? How is it connected? I have a monitor on my previous 5th wheel with a camera mounded on the license plate. A cheap aftermarket type. And there is a factory mount for the first battery. If I added a second I was looking for advice on what people are using for a mount.
    At the interior control panel, there should be a small sticker with a QR code on it. Depends when yours was built, it may have a small button on the control panel for Bluetooth pairing.

Download the Compass Connect app from App store or wherever, and try to sync it with the control panel.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rig is a 2022. I downloaded the Compass Connect app and tried to download everything as requested. It didn't work so I called. The Compass Connect system is connected via wi fi but since it's not that brand I climbed up and looked at it. It's a Lippert system and they tell me all I need to do is buy a monitor and it should work. Why it's not the Compass Connect system I don't know. I have all the paperwork provided by the selling dealer. I'll be checking with the local GD dealer.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My rig is a 2022. I downloaded the Compass Connect app and tried to download everything as requested. It didn't work so I called. The Compass Connect system is connected via wi fi but since it's not that brand I climbed up and looked at it. It's a Lippert system and they tell me all I need to do is buy a monitor and it should work. Why it's not the Compass Connect system I don't know. I have all the paperwork provided by the selling dealer. I'll be checking with the local GD dealer.
    Frankly I don't blame you for having some issues with this setup. I've been a techy for many years and it took a lot of experimentation before I was able to get the Compass Connect app to sync up with the Lippert camera. And the results were disappointing to say the least. The image was washed out and tinged with a pink color. Worse than that, the wifi connection from the camera which is required by the Compass Connect app was so weak, that my phone lost the connection just about at the hitch on the coach, well short of the cab of my tow vehicle which is where I need to see what's behind. I suggest you do as I have and look for a replacement.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. Several have said the WiFi is too weak. I'll be talking with the service guy next when.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings all. I'm not new to 5th wheeling but new to Grand Design. Looking forward to being part of this forum.
    I just purchased a 2022, slightly used, Reflection 303RLS. Loving it so far. I have two questions for now. Likely more later.
    First, I see it has a camera mounted on the rear top. The previous owner purchased it new back in Nov. 2022 and said it isn't functional so it must be hardwired only. What and where do I need to buy to make it functional? And second. My rig has only 1 battery. The battery shelf looks kinda flimsy if I wanted to add another battery. Those of you who have installed a second battery what did you do to firm up the shelf, is there a factory insert or something?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200508_145201.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	43105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201125_180140.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	43106

We installed two 6v batteries in both our 230RL and 280RS. I sourced the batteries locally and the battery box on Amazon.

We have the factory solar and 12v fridge. The solar and 6v batteries work fine when dry camping. We draw down to 12.3v overnight and by noon the batteries have recovered to 13.2v.

This is an easy modification however, the battery removal is a two person job.
    Dutch & Marlene
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali 6.0L gasser
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDutchover View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200508_145201.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	43105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201125_180140.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	43106

We installed two 6v batteries in both our 230RL and 280RS. I sourced the batteries locally and the battery box on Amazon.

We have the factory solar and 12v fridge. The solar and 6v batteries work fine when dry camping. We draw down to 12.3v overnight and by noon the batteries have recovered to 13.2v.

This is an easy modification however, the battery removal is a two person job.
    Very nice looking install @KDutchover, looks like those batteries have a capacity of 232 Ah. What size is your solar?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Very nice looking install @KDutchover, looks like those batteries have a capacity of 232 Ah. What size is your solar?
    We have the factory 165w solar panel and 50 amp solar charger.
    Dutch & Marlene
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice install. Any way you can forward the link to the Amazon storage box?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice install. Any way you can forward the link to the Amazon storage box?
    https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55375-B...3613591&sr=8-2
    Dutch & Marlene
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast