User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260rd rear jacks replaced

So, after many discussions with GD and Lippert, no help at all about the 4.5" rear jack clearance, at my own expense, I replaced the rear jacks with Lippert's shorter jacks that gives me another 2" of clearance and a bit more peace of mind while towing.
    GD nor Lippert would agree the rear jacks are too low even though I showed them the string test results which did show the rear of the jack pad bellow the line, also, Lippert documentation does recommend at least 7" of clearance below their jacks.
    For those interested I found eTrailer had the best prices for me with free shipping.
    The hardest part of the swap was disconnecting the plugs that were in bedded in foam insulation.
    Last edited by Grizz80; 09-13-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    So, after many discussions with GD and Lippert about the 4.5" rear jack clearance, at my own expense, I replaced the rear jacks with Lippert's shorter jacks that gives me another 2" of clearance and a bit more peace of mind while towing.
    GD nor Lippert would agree the rear jacks are too low even though I showed them the string test results which did show the rear of the jack pad bellow the line, also, Lippert documentation does recommend at least 7" of clearance below their jacks.
    For those interested I found eTrailer had the best prices for me with free shipping.
    The hardest part of the swap was disconnecting the plugs that were in bedded in foam insulation.
    Thanks for letting us know, for a while folks were getting free replacement jacks. Sounds like that's not the case anymore. I have the longer jacks on my 260RD and while they haven't been a problem yet, I do see that there's room to raise them about 1 inch which I may try. How did you go about getting the plugs loose? Pictures?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with regards to the plug I picked away the insulation enough to expose the release clip on the pig, pretty tight trying to get both honda in the area but with a little time and effort they popped loose. I'm sorry but not familiar with adding photos to this post..

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you still have the longer jacks? i may be interesting in relieving you of them. Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do, stowed away in the garage...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with a few photos i'd be happy to lighten your load :-)
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 10-09-2022 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Removed email address to conform with forum rules