Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thermostat does not "call for heat" unless turned off then back on

We have a 2020 Momentum 21G, and the thermostat stopped "calling for heat" on our last trip. But if I turn off the thermostat, then turn it back on, it will call for heat, and turns off when it should. But it will not call for heat when needed next time, unless I turn it off/on again. Does this mean the thermostat needs to be replaced?

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VicKurt View Post
    We have a 2020 Momentum 21G, and the thermostat stopped "calling for heat" on our last trip. But if I turn off the thermostat, then turn it back on, it will call for heat, and turns off when it should. But it will not call for heat when needed next time, unless I turn it off/on again. Does this mean the thermostat needs to be replaced?
    Ours did this and we replaced motherboard and fixed it. Could also be a sail switch or thermal switch.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Ours did this and we replaced motherboard and fixed it. Could also be a sail switch or thermal switch.
    Thanks for the reply. I am very disappointed in the general build quality of this RV, and it has only been two years. This is the second time something has gone wrong with the furnace, the microwave and exhaust fan both came loose due to very cheap support brackets with tiny screws that go into particle board, we have already had water leaks from the windows and (worse) the roof, the screen door wouldn't stay latched, and trim is coming off in multiple places. I would expect more after paying that much money for a RV. We had a cheap $13,000 toy hauler before this one that lasted six years with very few problems compared to this one.