User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential fridge types and would you recommend

Trying to get a list of what fridges (residential ) did you go with and would you buy it again.

Specific model and what rv you have would help.

I am looking at options for a Dometic 1350 in my 337.

Samsung has a bunch of low ratings and figured what better place to get all that info.

Jim

(Ruled out the JC units costing 1250 plus another 300 to ship.....then all the labor
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Samsung that GD puts in standard (actually on our second, we had one in our 2017 also).

The 2017 was flawless, the new version in our 2021 had a fairly well known issue where it would randomly stop cooling. Had it repaired and it’s been fine since. I did but an extended warranty just in case.

I will never go back to a rv fridge. We also just replaced the one in my dads pinnacle with a kitchen aid SxS.
    Last edited by JKellerJr; 09-13-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We swapped our Norcold 2118 for an LG LFXC22526S.
    Totally happy with it.
    Details here https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/p/residential-fridge.html
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had zero issues with the Samsung RF18 that came in our rig. It keeps the fridge and freezer exactly where we set them (38 and -2) and never varies a degree. I had to install a Fridge Fixer to keep the doors and drawer closed during travel, though. Four Battle Born 100 Ah batteries will keep it (and a few other things) running for two days with no sun or the solar turned off. Before we added two more batteries, a long travel day was no issue at all.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Four Battle Born 100 Ah batteries will keep it (and a few other things) running for two days with no sun or the solar turned off. Before we added two more batteries, a long travel day was no issue at all.

Rob
    To expand on this a bit. Multiple lithiums are needed if you are going to do any boondocking (we also have 4 in our current unit). Travel days shouldn't be an issue as the charge line from the truck should provide enough power that a standard battery or maybe 2 to be safe are sufficient. You'll want to confirm what your getting from the truck 7 pin. In my case its about 7 amps.

In our 2017 we had 2 battleborns and a PD lithium converter. They would run the unit for about 20 hours unhooked. The longest travel day(s) in that unit was 14 hours driving, 5 hours for a nap/breakfast at a Cracker barrell and 8 hours the next day to get home. Still had power left (don't remember how much).

I don't have any solar.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 BB and 720w in solar. And a generator if needed. Trying to get a thread with the different fridges used by others in 1 thread. I spent hours looking through threads...

Hence this thread...
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the process of installing a Whirlpool model WRQA59CNKZ. We chose this one as it is a very close fit to the Norcold 2118 and the top doors will clear our countertop with the slides closed making it accessible for that quick cold drink while on the road. We also lowered the pad it sits on and plan to build more storage on the top, making for a little less wasted space. Anybody need a working Norcold 2118?
    2018 Ford F350
    2019 Momentum 394