User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

internal water filter

We are the proud owners of a 2018 337RLS Reflection. My question is - is there an internal water filter that needs to be changed out at certain intervals? I'm not seeing any reference to a water filter of any kind in the owners manual?

If no internal filter, what would be a good recommended external filter to purchase?

ty
    David and Kit
    Long time campers and 1st time fifth wheel owner
    2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Lambertville, MI

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO it kind of depends. I use a cheap camco blue in line filter. It lives in the storage area by the nautilus panel so it won’t freeze. This along with pressure regulator and full flow ball valves. I also have a heat traced hose. Kudos to GD for having a power plug in the water bay.

We use bottled water for drinking and coffee. I have seen quite a few campers with elaborate multi stage filters and softeners esp if they are staying put for a long time and the water quality merits the investment and hassle.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2018 Reflection 337RLS does not have an OEM whole-house water filter. You have several options: 1) as mentioned, use an in-line filter outside (cannot be done if it gets below freezing at night), 2) install a filter housing inside the bay (like the Solitudes and Momentums have), or 3) install an under-sink filter system with spigot just for drinking and cooking. In our Reflection, we opted for number 1 (but connected it inside the utility bay so it wouldn't freeze). Our Solitude has a whole house filter but we opted to also install number 3 with the AquaCera Cerametix Imperial OBE Filter Cartridge W9522650. This filter is a ceramic shell around a carbon block core. The flow rate is too low for whole house use, but it's the best filtration short of reverse osmosis - and you don't have to bother with bottled water and the plastic waste that creates.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. We have the water filtered purchased and in use. Now we're looking into surge protectors. Another whole realm of options for sure.
    David and Kit
    Long time campers and 1st time fifth wheel owner
    2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, Lambertville, MI

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    Thanks Rob. We have the water filtered purchased and in use. Now we're looking into surge protectors. Another whole realm of options for sure.
    @kitster -

They are SO much more than "surge protectors." An EMS (electrical management system) protects against all kinds of electrical faults - most importantly for your ACs and things with motors is low voltage. I prefer the hard-wired versions as it makes for one less thing to mess with when setting up and tearing down (also less prone to developing legs and walking).

Here are a couple of forum tips for when threads get longer with more participants:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015