User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a/c temp minimum

is there a temp minimum temperature setting the a/c's should be set be set to?
    Tim and Jennifer
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS 08/10/22
    2013 Ford F-250 King Ranch 6.2L V8

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your question doesn't make sense to me. If you're asking if there's a temp you should not go below, no. The only issue would be if the compressor doesn't cycle, ice may form and the unit will freeze up.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Your question doesn't make sense to me. If you're asking if there's a temp you should not go below, no. The only issue would be if the compressor doesn't cycle, ice may form and the unit will freeze up.

Rob
    i thought I had worded that poorly the first place I looked for a rv when I began this journey, the sales manger said that ac's should not be set below 72 degrees, any colder and the coils will freeze. That was the basis of the question.
    Tim and Jennifer
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS 08/10/22
    2013 Ford F-250 King Ranch 6.2L V8

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he a salesman or an AC technician lol? Your AC freezing has more to do with other factors than thermostat temperature setting. Humidity, cleanliness of the entire system, gas charge on the system and so on and soon.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS1200 View Post
    i thought I had worded that poorly the first place I looked for a rv when I began this journey, the sales manger said that ac's should not be set below 72 degrees, any colder and the coils will freeze. That was the basis of the question.
    Being in Texas as you are, there's a touch of rationale to the advise you received if you're in the sweltering south... It's a more complicated affair than just temperature as humidity and dew point are relative, and also how your A/C is setup and used. For instance, if you have functional dumps and leave them open, you short circuit cold air into the intake and icing can occur more readily than closing the dumps and letting the cold air distribute through the vents...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS1200 View Post
    This is hogwash. If the coils freeze, then something is not right. We like it cold at night, and set ours at 68 or 69. I suppose in very high humidity areas there could be a problem but if the freeze sensor is working correctly you should be able to set it below 72.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyn99 View Post
    In a different RV, I kept ours at 68 for 5 years in Florida and no issues. I did clean/change filters about every 5 days though
    68! In Florida!!!!???? 24 hours a day!

What kind of RV is that? And how many ACs do you have? Where in Florida? The condensation run off from you roof must be like a river not to mention condensation all over the sides and windows!

I live in FL and when it is 85+ degrees outside even 76 degrees seems cold inside. but, heck, I wear a light jacket in most stores because they keep it so cold.

Please - make me a believer.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods