User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Grand Design Owner

Hello everyone, I’m new to the GD family but not new to camping and RV’s. I just purchased a 2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB. I’ve only had it for a couple of days and so far I’m very impressed with it. The cabinets, drawers and countertops appear rugged and well designed for a stick and tin trailer. It also appears that a lot of thought was put into the making it comfortable.

I’ve been going camping for most of my life starting with tents and taking the usual steps of upgrading to pop-up campers and then hard side campers. I’m looking forward to a lot of good reading here as well as sharing my experiences and knowledge.
    Russ
    2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
    Hello everyone, I’m new to the GD family but not new to camping and RV’s. I just purchased a 2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB. I’ve only had it for a couple of days and so far I’m very impressed with it. The cabinets, drawers and countertops appear rugged and well designed for a stick and tin trailer. It also appears that a lot of thought was put into the making it comfortable.

I’ve been going camping for most of my life starting with tents and taking the usual steps of upgrading to pop-up campers and then hard side campers. I’m looking forward to a lot of good reading here as well as sharing my experiences and knowledge.
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. This is a great place to share the GD experience with other fellow owners.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome.

I bought my trailer, a 2022 left over, or so I thought on 9/3/22. When I took delivery on 9/12/22 I was told that there was a mix up in the paperwork. Somehow the 2022 that I thought that I had bought was sold to someone else. Much to my delight the dealership sold me a 2023 for the same price as the 2022. I had a good feeling about this dealership when I went shopping for a new RV. They've been in business since 1951 so I figured that they would take care of their customers and they do. They could have tried to charge me more but didn't.
    Russ
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great they ate that cost difference for you. Which dealership was it?
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    That's great they ate that cost difference for you. Which dealership was it?
    Bill Plemmons RV in Winston-Salem, NC
    Last edited by russhd1997; 09-16-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    Russ
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch