User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 F250 6.2 gas, super cab XLT, 10,000# GVW, a tad under 3400# payload.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    roegs01: I was really just looking to put together some data from any and all cabs, engines, and trim levels to spot real world trends. Can already see the effect of the high trim levels and sunroof.
    I am pleasantly surprised to see SRW numbers in the high 3's!
    Thanks again,
    SteveM
    Got it. My RAM has the following:

2021 CC standard box
    Cummins High Output
    All options including sunroof and auto level rear suspension
    Payload 3617 lb

When I did my research I came up with the following. This is just my opinion. Its also based on a desire I had to stay within mfg weight specs.

1. The HD truck market in this country is very competitive and profitable. They are all good trucks - you can't stay in business if you're building a bad truck.

2. If you're going diesel, I'd eliminate 3/4 ton trucks. Diesels are heavy and in a 3/4 ton truck the diesel does not leave much payload.

3. Go long box if possible. You'll get a better ride and don't need to worry about cab to nose clearance on the 5th wheel. Long box may also give a slightly higher payload.

4. Don't overlook higher trim levels. We spend a lot of time in our truck and I enjoy the extra comforts.

5. Don't overlook optional headlight systems. The new LED smart systems are incredible. I'd have never guessed how much I like the optional headlights on our truck.

Scott
    Last edited by roegs01; 09-15-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4 (with sunroof)
    Sticker Payload - 3727#
    GVWR - 12,100#
    Scaled Weight - 8580#
    Actual Payload - 3520#
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the topic of SRW vs DRW has been beaten to death, so apologies in advance.
    I do understand the advantages of the DRW, but we intend to be seasonal with limited towing and really I don't want to have one as a daily driver
    Trying to compare actual factory posted cargo capacities on SRW trucks, but of course there are few on dealer lots to look at. I did see a 2022 F250 Scab XLT LB 2WD with the 7.3 V8 on a local lot the other day. That door sticker showed 3645 lb CC. I suppose the XLT trim with few options got it there. Forgot to check the spring pack as the salesman was yapping at me about tow weights (which he had wrong).
    Most of the YouTube "comparisons" show me all the fluff stuff on their new ride, but ignore the weight sticker.
    So, if any of you SRW guys are bored and don't mind replying with the CC listed on your sticker plus your trim level I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    SteveM
    We had a 2019 GMC 3500 short box, crew cab, 4wd, with the Duramax and its payload was 3499 pounds.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Chev 3500 LT SRW. Door sticker shows max payload of 4020 lbs.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Chev Silverado 3500 SRW 6.6 gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the topic of SRW vs DRW has been beaten to death, so apologies in advance.
    I do understand the advantages of the DRW, but we intend to be seasonal with limited towing and really I don't want to have one as a daily driver
    Trying to compare actual factory posted cargo capacities on SRW trucks, but of course there are few on dealer lots to look at. I did see a 2022 F250 Scab XLT LB 2WD with the 7.3 V8 on a local lot the other day. That door sticker showed 3645 lb CC. I suppose the XLT trim with few options got it there. Forgot to check the spring pack as the salesman was yapping at me about tow weights (which he had wrong).
    Most of the YouTube "comparisons" show me all the fluff stuff on their new ride, but ignore the weight sticker.
    So, if any of you SRW guys are bored and don't mind replying with the CC listed on your sticker plus your trim level I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    SteveM
    2020 GMC Denali 2500 Diesel; fully loaded- SRW; Standard bed’ (6’10”); 3009 lb. payload.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks in advance.
    SteveM
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Custom Crew Cab (gas) - 3599 payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark390 View Post
    I have a 2020 Chev 3500 LT SRW. Door sticker shows max payload of 4020 lbs.
    310GK’s are pretty heavy, any issues with maxing out your payload?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 F350 SRW SCREW 7.3L 4x4 STX cargo capacity is 4224 lbs.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 GMC Duramax, 4wd Standard box, 3093Lbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast