Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Albuquerque Balloon Festival generator rules

Hi all - We're going to the balloon festival and I realize we'll be packed in like sardines, but we're trying to get some specific info regarding generator usage during the event. Can't seem to get a clear answer from the organizers.

Per the rules: "External generators must be at least 2 feet off the ground."

We have a Champion 3500 that I was planning to run from the back of my truck. Now we're hearing that it's not guaranteed that I'll be able to park my truck close enough to the rig.

If that's the case, any suggestions for a generator stand? I see a table saw stand at Harbor Freight that might (?) suffice. Thought I'd check here first. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milk crates lashed together?
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think with a couple of 2"X4"s, it would be pretty simple to throw something together for cheap.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have a problem leaving the generator in the bed of your truck and running a power cord from the trailer to the truck. When parking, have it in mind which side of the trailer you would prefer your truck to be parked on (in front or behind) to make this easiest and then when parking just make mention of it and they'll accommodate.

We'll be down there too and this will be my first time RVing at the Fiesta, but I have spoken with a few RVers who have done it before and had a similar question. Have fun and maybe see you out there!
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When parking, have it in mind which side of the trailer you would prefer your truck to be parked on (in front or behind) to make this easiest and then when parking just make mention of it and they'll accommodate.
    Thanks - that’s what I was planning on.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone