Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underbelly Leakage

I’m new to this 2021 GD 295rl and thought to ask advice, before breaking something. Got to campsite, hooked everything up and first smelled, then saw black water leaking from underbelly. It’s significant, in smell and volume. Leaking around insulation at low point drain tubes and not the drains. Am I doing something wrong or should I put in dealer shop and let them fix it?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A black water leak needs attention from someone who knows what they are doing. I would let the dealer handle it, unless you have plumbing skills and feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for replying and confirming that plumbing issues, at least this type, need someone who knows what they’re doing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebass View Post
    I’m new to this 2021 GD 295rl and thought to ask advice, before breaking something. Got to campsite, hooked everything up and first smelled, then saw black water leaking from underbelly. It’s significant, in smell and volume. Leaking around insulation at low point drain tubes and not the drains. Am I doing something wrong or should I put in dealer shop and let them fix it?
    I just dealt with this on our new 2022 378MBS. Dealer had to replace a defective drain valve and replace all of the soaked insulation. Seems good now but if under warranty a dealer fix for sure.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not experienced, leave it to someone who is. I strongly recommend you have them disinfect as well. Basically, pull the entire underbelly and give everything a wash. Could be as simple a failed coupling or as bad as someone cracked the tank by overpressuring with the flush.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    If not experienced, leave it to someone who is. I strongly recommend you have them disinfect as well. Basically, pull the entire underbelly and give everything a wash. Could be as simple a failed coupling or as bad as someone cracked the tank by overpressuring with the flush.
    I've alway been a bit baffled by "overpressuring with the flush". It seems to me the worst possible outsome with the flush is back flooding the toilets by over "filling" the black tank with the flush. If the toilets seal well and assuming no leaks in the toilet to tank connection, any excess water would go up and out the vent pipe. How is it possible to overpressure the tank?
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    I've alway been a bit baffled by "overpressuring with the flush". It seems to me the worst possible outsome with the flush is back flooding the toilets by over "filling" the black tank with the flush. If the toilets seal well and assuming no leaks in the toilet to tank connection, any excess water would go up and out the vent pipe. How is it possible to overpressure the tank?
    Not, not at all. You can very easily split a black tank. Seen more than one camper do it too! If you consider the toilet paper, especially those liking the soft stuff. It makes a phenomenal plug material stopping up the vent and the toilet, especially like those is most 5ers which aren't a straight vertical dump into the tank.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania