User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those solder type butt connectors work well but usually people do not heat them enough to melt the solder. Once you overcome that issue, it's worth all the extra money they charge.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Those solder type butt connectors work well but usually people do not heat them enough to melt the solder. Once you overcome that issue, it's worth all the extra money they charge.
    Well in this case they saved a much longer process (priceless). I was able to observe the solder flowing so enough heat got in.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When that technology came to the dealership, I had several comebacks that I had to investigate. All of the issues were because the techs were just using their heat guns to shrink the wrap. I had a meeting to explain how to use them and what to look for. Once the meeting was over, there were no more comebacks. I think it's normal for someone to think all you have to do is shrink the wrap but once you get that the solder must melt into the wires, then you get it. It does seem odd that you must put that much heat into it. The normal shrink wrap would be ruined.

Again, that butt connector does it all, as long as you give it a chance and do it right. It's worth every penny you pay for them.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Pleas update us as to how it performed at speed.
    Just wanted to get back to you and say that the AMTIFO camera works great at highway speeds. I used the Haloview rearview mirror mount (had to drill some new holes since the ones on the mount didn't line up) which makes it almost like having a rearview mirror, much easier to see who's behind me now. The included monitor is very sharp, with no blurring at speed.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those solder sleeve connections work even better if you will pre-flux and tin your wires. Then clean them and flux them again before applying the spice. $.02
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12