User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BossmanL56 View Post
    Thanks. That was helpful. The dealer told me to put the front jacks all the way down to the ground before unhooking from the truck. Then use the power extender to lift from the truck. The manual said to extend them 4 to 5 inches from the ground then extend them mechanically untill they hit the ground and continue to power to lift from the truck. What do you do?
    My procedure for initially dropping the front jacks is to determine if the front end is high or low compared to level. If the front is high, I manually extend the jacks enough that when you drop the extenders, it will allow some lowering of the trailer to get level, once you cut away. If your low front end, you only need come up, so I don't run the jacks at all, but just drop the extenders to the ground and lock them in on the pins. No counting holes or stopping short. Once down as close as possibly, I'll push the drop jacks feature. The unit sets the jacks firmly. The I run front down manually to raise it enough to cut the truck loose and pull away. At this point, hit auto level. As I mentioned before, I always make sure I'm very close to level side to side. In normal camp grounds this usually means running up on some 2x6 planks on one side. It also means usually setting a plank under the back jack, same side. If you have to lower the front much to get level. Expect to have to block up both sides on the rear jacks or you may run out of extension on those while auto level is working to get you set. I have run into that a number of times. Just pull your rear jacks back up, block under them so they don't have to extend so far, and hit auto level again. If you get a error out of sync message on the controller, there is a reset code process. Ask on the forum about that. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I'm sure someone might.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my trailer, which has the electric jacks, I make sure it is a half bubble or less side to side, anything more, and it likes to throw error codes. I then extend the front legs about 6 holes (depending on how high or low the front is), and run the front legs down to about 2" above the leveling blocks that I use under them for a more even footing to make sure I placed them right. I then press the ground the front legs, which runs them all the way down, and if the ground is uneven, will independently lower the left or right to match what the trailer is currently at. Then I lift the trailer off the truck, get the truck out of the way, and hit the auto-level. I do have to use a fair amount of leveling blocks under the middle stabilizer legs, as they seem to not be able to extend as far as the corners, and I will get an out of stroke error otherwise.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234