User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto leveling system

I am new to my 303RLS. I just tried the auto leveling system and it lifted the rear wheels off the ground about an inch. I quickly put it down and manually lowered the rear stabilizers. It was parked on a concrete RV pad that slightly sloped to the rear for rain run off but nothing out of the ordinary. Visually you can't even tell it slopes. So I placed the front jacks down about 4"- 5" from the floor when removing it from the truck. After removal from the truck the front was slightly raised when I started the auto leveling. What did I do wrong and has anyone experienced that before?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BossmanL56 View Post
    I am new to my 303RLS. I just tried the auto leveling system and it lifted the rear wheels off the ground about an inch. I quickly put it down and manually lowered the rear stabilizers. It was parked on a concrete RV pad that slightly sloped to the rear for rain run off but nothing out of the ordinary. Visually you can't even tell it slopes. So I placed the front jacks down about 4"- 5" from the floor when removing it from the truck. After removal from the truck the front was slightly raised when I started the auto leveling. What did I do wrong and has anyone experienced that before?
    I am probably reading this wrong, but I don't understand the part about 4" to 5" when removing from the truck......

I will assume you first unhooked from the truck, pulled the truck clear and then auto leveled. When I do this I have to turn the living system off after I get the truck out of the way and then on again and then press auto level. if I don't turn it off and on it does odd things.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard stories similar to yours. Sometimes the levelling system has a brain fart best I can tell. If it is repeatedly messing up you probably have a loose sensor. There is one in the front and one in the rear.
    I've never had the problem but I also like to get the trailer close to level first manually, a touch nose high front to rear using the front landing gear, and use levelling blocks under the wheels to get close side to side, then press auto level. I don't like it to have to think too hard.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am probably reading this wrong, but I don't understand the part about 4" to 5" when removing from the truck...."
    Well, Before removing the trailer from the truck I lower the fronts 4"-5" from the ground and set the pin. I then hit the power button and it lowers the rest of the way and it removes from the hitch. Don't you do that? Some put 6x6 blocks down and position the jacks so they load on those so the system doesn't have to extend that far.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are different autoleveling systems. Not all of them use the manually adjustable front leveling legs. Did you measure the level of the trailer when the tire was off the ground? After you got it level, was the rear tire off the ground?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we unhitch, we go to the "drop front jacks" on the autoleveler and it drops the front legs to the ground. Then we manually raise front until the pressure on the hitch is relieved. Pull hitch handle to open hitch, and drive out. Then I hit "auto level". It will raise or lower the front until it reaches what it determines to be level enough to start with. Some times it's just an inch or two up or down, sometimes it's quite a bit more. Once the auto level has reached that, it lowers the rear jacks. Once they are on the ground, fine adjustments are made until the auto level is satisfied things are level.

One question. Have you calibrated what "level" is on your auto level? That's important. Look in the manual to see how to do it, but basically, you manually level the rig (using a level) then you push the correct button(s) on the auto level panel X number of times to tell the computer what level is.

On those occasions that the auto level causes the wheels to come off the ground, we raise up that side of the rig and slide leveling boards underneath the wheels (only raise it up enough to slip them under), then lower it back down using the "manually level" option.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 09-15-2022 at 05:07 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. No I haven't calibrated it. I assume the previous owner did that but I don't know. I'll look in the manual now.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. No I haven't calibrated it. I assume the previous owner did that but I don't know. I'll look in the manual now.
    We've found it's not a bad idea to recalibrate occasionally. Not particularly often, but we've done it like 3 times in the past 6 years.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, @BossmanL56 - welcome to the forum. It sounds like folks are steering you in the right direction to get your leveling system/situation figured out. In the meantime, here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I did to Reset the Zero-Point.
    Hope this is helpful.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post392600
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast