User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Pump Cycles Consistently Every 40-42 Seconds.

I have a 2015 Reflection 293RES that has developed a water pump cycling issue of very consistent 40-42 seconds on our last trip dry camping. The cycle only last a very consistent 2-3 seconds. I am baffled as I have been working on this for a full day and a half. like most, I like to try and correct issues myself to keep from loosing extended down time waiting on repair appointments, and of coarse costs.
    I have completed the following diagnostic tasks:
    (1) inspected under kitchen sink, all lines and fittings and paper towel tested, all dry.
    (2) inspected under bathroom sink all lines and fittings and paper towel tested, all dry.
    (3) inspected toilet connections, paper towel tested, all dry. made sure toilet valve was not leaking water into the toilet, all seemed good there.
    (4)Tried to remove shower valving to check those connection but could not figure out how to remove the valves after all the handle removal completed. there seems to be a cross piece between the valves I could not get removed. I did go down below the shower in the under belly and look (its mounted above the furnace area) and inspected and there is no moisture to be found.
    (5) I opened up the cabinet for the hot water heater, removed the Styrofoam cover and inspected the lines and fittings, paper towel tested, all dry.
    (6) I inspected the hot water heater relief valve and found no moisture or leakage. just because, I opened and closed the valve several times to insure it was functioning.
    (7) After opening up the side cover panel in the basement for the water pump and all the connections, I inspected all lines, T connections, paper towel tested and all is dry.
    (8) I disconnected the distribution line from the water pump at the first T connection, turned on the pump to run water and then sealed the line closed. the pump shut off and all cycling stopped. The pump never cycled again. I left it this way and tested for 1 hr. (I was thinking this would eliminate feedback into the pump). re-hooked the line back up and the 40-42 second cycling began again and continued.
    (9) I simply let the pump cycle overnight and double checked everything again the next morning looking for moisture.
    (10) I crawled the underside of the 5er and removed all the screws that I could holding the underside panel, and looked in with flashlight trying to located any possible moisture. I found this somewhat difficult as there are axels, rear landing gear, Ect. in the way. however I believe I was able to look and see under where most water using components are located. It all appeared to be dry as a bone as far as I could see.
    (11) I searched the forum for water pump cycling and tried to follow most suggestions where I felt they applied.

Granted there are probably fittings that I was unable to see or look at throughout the system. is there any further advice on something I may have missed that I can look at on my own, or is it time for the dealer?

Thanks
    Mikeb44
    2015 Reflection 293RES
    2014 Silverado 2500HD
    6.6 & Allison Trans.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe somehow air is leaking into the pump and it loosing pressure. But then I would suspect you would see a leak.

Maybe the water is leaking back toward the fresh water tank causing a pressure loss. Or maybe one of the Nautilus panel valves is bad. but I don't know there the water would go to if that was the case.

I'm thinking pump issue. Since it looks like you ruled most everything else out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think it's the pump as the OP said he had isolated the pump and the cycling stopped. Seems to me like a seal somewhere is bad and letting in air. But then where is the water going? The OP seems to have done a very thorough search for water and found none.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In test #8 I did a test on the water pump based on what I read on a past forum post. is there another test of the pump for functionality I should try?
    Mikeb44
    2015 Reflection 293RES
    2014 Silverado 2500HD
    6.6 & Allison Trans.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing what you’ve checked, my first suspicion would be the toilet since it can get rid of water as well as use it and it’s never dry. Does the bowl hold water and does the level ever rise?

May be obvious, but are the shower valves off?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Don't think it's the pump as the OP said he had isolated the pump and the cycling stopped. Seems to me like a seal somewhere is bad and letting in air. But then where is the water going? The OP seems to have done a very thorough search for water and found none.
    ah - I missed that part. Thanks.

now I'm clueless..... The toilet seems like a good suggestion.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did pump water into the toilet and let it sit thinking that very same thing. even overnight letting the pump cycle the water level in the toilet never changed. Shower valves are off and that is the area i was unable to check completely as indicated. but i did go below looking for moisture again after letting the pump cycle all night. i am starting to think there is something in the underbelly i can't see causing the issue. but, I would think i would see water coming out somewhere from under the 5er.
    Mikeb44
    2015 Reflection 293RES
    2014 Silverado 2500HD
    6.6 & Allison Trans.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a shower Miser? I think one of those could cause this.

Two to three seconds of pump run time every 40 seconds is quite a bit of water, if there were a leak somewhere water should be dripping on the ground.

Perhaps one of the nautilus valves is letting water past when it should be closed, let the pressure off the system and cycle all of them then check and see what happens.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my Green Bean is going to pop out, probably eye rolling. What do you mean by shower miser and what exactly is a nautilus valve?
    Mikeb44
    2015 Reflection 293RES
    2014 Silverado 2500HD
    6.6 & Allison Trans.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a bad pressure switch in the pump.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast