User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume these are hydraulic legs? If so, it sounds like the valve that shuts off pressure to the legs is leaking and allowing pressure to reach the leg hydraulic cylinders.
    If they're electric, I don't have a clue.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's unfortunate you are having more hydraulic issues. Were you able to unhitch from the truck? If you did, did the LG maintain its position while loaded?

It sounds like a seal is leaking or there could be an internal leak in the hydrualic manifold installed near your hydraulic pump.

Is this the same one that was replaced, or is it the opposite leg? If I recall, the drivers side LG is fed from the passenger side. Depending which one is drifting, could also indicate an internal leak in the opposite side LG (assuming driver side is drifitng).
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    Everyone, I have some disappointing things to report and hope some of you might be able to share additional insight:

Mary & I headed out on our eight-week trip into the Carolinas. Although not the topic of this post, we ended up needing to hole-up in Nashville waiting for Ian to pass. As we were hitching up and preparing to leave home, a few minutes after hitching up and raising all LG and levelers, I noticed that the front left LG had dropped 3-4”. Raised it back up, and watched it drop again. I had remembered others who posted in this and other boards state that they ratchet-strapped it and still headed out. When preparing to leave Nashville yesterday morning, we noticed the right LG also had dropped. Then, this morning, when leaving a campground in NC, on our way to Myrtle Beach, we noticed that both front LG were putting so much pressure on the ratchet straps that they were bending the rubber jack pads on each of these landing gear.

I will be contacting LCI tomorrow morning to see if they can guide me to a solution to this problem. But I am hoping that @JCR GD, @Viper02, @FT4NOW and others might see this and weigh in on any thoughts they might have.

John
    This is a real long shot but I thought I would throw it out there as "something to try short term". There are two (or three) hydraulic lockout valves on the wall behind the curb (door) side propane bottle. They are black, round knobs and a little hard to see. If you are having problems with the landing gear dropping AFTER you have put the slides in, the slides maybe pressurizing the system. Again, this is a long shot. After you have put the slides in, turn the valves all the way clockwise. Do NOT overtighten them. Snug finger pressure is all you need. This will lock the slides in position and MAY help with the landing gear dropping. You will need to release the valves (turn then fully counter clockwise) before you can move the slides. Again, this is a long shot, but maybe worth a try.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    Everyone, I have some disappointing things to report and hope some of you might be able to share additional insight:

Mary & I headed out on our eight-week trip into the Carolinas. Although not the topic of this post, we ended up needing to hole-up in Nashville waiting for Ian to pass. As we were hitching up and preparing to leave home, a few minutes after hitching up and raising all LG and levelers, I noticed that the front left LG had dropped 3-4”. Raised it back up, and watched it drop again. I had remembered others who posted in this and other boards state that they ratchet-strapped it and still headed out. When preparing to leave Nashville yesterday morning, we noticed the right LG also had dropped. Then, this morning, when leaving a campground in NC, on our way to Myrtle Beach, we noticed that both front LG were putting so much pressure on the ratchet straps that they were bending the rubber jack pads on each of these landing gear.

I will be contacting LCI tomorrow morning to see if they can guide me to a solution to this problem. But I am hoping that @JCR GD, @Viper02, @FT4NOW and others might see this and weigh in on any thoughts they might have.

John
    It sounds like the valve you replaced went bad, or you could have dirt in your system.

Another possibility is a bad hydraulic hose(s). I started to have problems with my hydraulic system and the dealer determined I had a couple of hoses with "Pinhole" leaks.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I assume these are hydraulic legs? If so, it sounds like the valve that shuts off pressure to the legs is leaking and allowing pressure to reach the leg hydraulic cylinders.
    If they're electric, I don't have a clue.
    Hoopy, Yes, these are hydraulic. I replaced the hydraulic cylinder for the front legs a couple days before we began our trip.
    Last edited by JohnnyBadger; 10-04-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    That's unfortunate you are having more hydraulic issues. Were you able to unhitch from the truck? If you did, did the LG maintain its position while loaded?

It sounds like a seal is leaking or there could be an internal leak in the hydrualic manifold installed near your hydraulic pump.

Is this the same one that was replaced, or is it the opposite leg? If I recall, the drivers side LG is fed from the passenger side. Depending which one is drifting, could also indicate an internal leak in the opposite side LG (assuming driver side is drifitng).
    FT, we have been able to unhitch and auto level. The landing gear always holds its position. And yes, it is the same one that was replaced. The “good news” right now is I am not having any concurrent issues with the hydraulic slides. My worry is the progression of this new issue with the LG slipping - first the left, then the left and the right, and, yesterday morning, the increased pressure on the ratchet straps. John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the issues persist and/or change locations it may be contamination in the system. Last time I heard of that they ended up replacing the entire system to fix it. Hopefully you will get some good help from LCI today.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the pump supplies pressurized oil to all the hydraulic cylinders, if a shutoff valve is not sealing, the pressurized oil will also go to that cylinder even though it's not supposed to. The two front stabilizers are operated at the same time, so it makes sense that there's a single valve that shuts off pressure to the front cylinders. It would appear that this valve is defective. That would explain why the front stabilizers are trying to go down when you run out the slides.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    This is a real long shot but I thought I would throw it out there as "something to try short term". There are two (or three) hydraulic lockout valves on the wall behind the curb (door) side propane bottle. They are black, round knobs and a little hard to see. If you are having problems with the landing gear dropping AFTER you have put the slides in, the slides maybe pressurizing the system. Again, this is a long shot. After you have put the slides in, turn the valves all the way clockwise. Do NOT overtighten them. Snug finger pressure is all you need. This will lock the slides in position and MAY help with the landing gear dropping. You will need to release the valves (turn then fully counter clockwise) before you can move the slides. Again, this is a long shot, but maybe worth a try.

Chris
    Chris, thank you for sharing your idea. Right about now I am welcoming any long shots, Hail Marys, etc. I will bring your idea up when I speak with Lippert. Thanks again. John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    It sounds like the valve you replaced went bad, or you could have dirt in your system.

Another possibility is a bad hydraulic hose(s). I started to have problems with my hydraulic system and the dealer determined I had a couple of hoses with "Pinhole" leaks.
    David, thank you for your response. Two great ideas. Yes, maybe I was sent a defective cartridge valve. But your idea about dirt in the system is intriguing. As background, this problem began manifesting itself way back in March. We were in Panama City with travel plans to go to Gulf Shores. A serious thunder storm came through during the night with heavy, heavy rains. My problems began the next day as I was unhitching. Part of me is wondering if one of the jacks was flooded, and dirt that was on the jack got pushed into the system when I raised the jacks (at that time I didn’t know that is was important to wipe all the jack cylinders before raising the jacks. As you may have seen, several of the respondents on this string have raised the issue of contamination. I thought about emptying and replacing my ATF with fresh fluid (actually though of doing it twice). My serving dealer poo-pooed the idea, suggesting it was not necessary because this was a “closed” system. Do you think this might be worth a shot? John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast