User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    JCR, thank you again for your engagement on this matter. With regard to contamination, what would you think of emptying and refilling the ATF with new fluid. Could that helps at all with regard to contamination? John
    Maybe but ????
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    All, just got done speaking to Lippert. Their representative asked that I first confirm that the valve that we just replaced is actually in the closed position. Her advice is sometimes the service professional does not check that when installing. What I had to do is take a 5/32 Allen wrench and turn it counterclockwise (from the perspective of looking at the part from the top). The LCI service rep advised that even a small amount of a turn would be enough to cause the behavior that I am experiencing. She further suggested that I turn the screw three full revolutions clockwise and then back until it won’t easily turn. I need to be sure not to over tighten the screw.

I have done all this. The screw was tight but in both directions. Once I loosened it up going clockwise, I turned it counterclockwise until it was firmly (but not overly so) tightened. In order to test success or failure of this action, I need to close my slides, hitch up, raise the rear jacks and then raise the front jacks. My wife is working from the rig today, so it will be a couple hours before I can let you know how things are going.

I am not confident that the amount of tightening was enough to solve my problem. But maybe this whole issue has turned me into a pessimist.

Thoughts?

John
    Good luck! Hopefully it did the trick!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    The contamination I am referring to is internal from assembly/manufacture. As I remember the one that required the entire system to be replaced had very small metal burs that were getting stuck in the valves. I hope this is not the case here, just a heads up.
    That does happen, but hopefully not a common problem.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my friends, just a short note to update you on things. Mary’s work schedule did not allow us to test everything until about an hour ago. Closed slides, raised the middle and rear levelers, hitched up and raised the front jacks. No immediate sagging. Let the rig sit for bout 30 minutes. No sagging still. Unhitched, auto leveled and all seems well right now. I am going to say that things are finally OK right now, but I will not claim victory until we get home to WI in early November. We have decided that we are going to go ahead and ratchet strap the front landing gear when we travel just to be safe.

As I have said many times before, I am extremely grateful for your suggestions, your engagement, and your patience. For some one who is not really good with mechanical things, I am humbled by your willingness to step in and help.

Thanks again. John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345