User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 2023 Imagine 2600RB - Fridge Issue ****new TT owner - PLEASE HELP***

Hello All,

This is my first time owning a TT of any kind. I purchased a 2023 GD Imagine 2600RB about 4 days ago. We have it parked in a cemented RV park hooked up to the 30amp parking space and city water.

During the day the fridge/freezer combo runs perfectly on MEDIUM setting. Then, when I wake up in the morning the fridge is not very cold and the freezer food has thawed out. I can hear the fridge trying to run but its almost like it is trying to start but then shuts back down. I have no idea what's going on.

Then I will go out to the power tower, shut the power off via the switch on the campsite tower, and turn it back on then it seems to run fine. Like I said, it runs during the day but then at night its like it shuts itself off. The light and everything are still on...but it just doesn't get cold.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if it has something to do with the battery/solar set up or if the connection is bad or what. Everything else in the camper runs with no issues.

It might be important to note that we run the "cool fan" on low all through the night - so im not sure if there's not enough power getting to the unit when thats happening....but we also run the AC in the daytime and the fridge works just fine.

Please please help! - Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your battery disconnect switch engaged?

Meaning, you can't pull the red "key" out of the socket.

Sounds almost like the battery is draining at night and the solar is keeping it charged during the day.

Being plugged in won't charge the battery if the disconnect is turned off.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Is your battery disconnect switch engaged?

Meaning, you can't pull the red "key" out of the socket.

Sounds almost like the battery is draining at night and the solar is keeping it charged during the day.

Being plugged in won't charge the battery if the disconnect is turned off.

So the red handle is pointed to "on" I believe.

But if im plugged in to city connect I dont understand why the battery matters anyway? Again, im very new at this.

Thank you for your help!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KCopley95 View Post
    So the red handle is pointed to "on" I believe.

But if im plugged in to city connect I dont understand why the battery matters anyway? Again, im very new at this.

Thank you for your help!!
    @huntr70 is correct, if the battery disconnect is not allowing power through (you can pull the key out), then the charger is not getting any power to the batteries. Since the 12-volt refrigerator in your TT runs off the batteries, if the batteries aren't getting charged your frig will stop working.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope you get your frig working so you can enjoy some camping.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    @huntr70 is correct, if the battery disconnect is not allowing power through (you can pull the key out), then the charger is not getting any power to the batteries. Since the 12-volt refrigerator in your TT runs off the batteries, if the batteries aren't getting charged your frig will stop working.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Hope you get your frig working so you can enjoy some camping.
    So what you're saying is the battery disconnect needs to be switched to "off?" That means the batter is connected and allowing power to my fridge?

I didn't realize that the battery was what was powering my fridge - I guess I thought that's what the city power was doing> Sheesh - I have a lot to learn I guess.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you're saying is the battery disconnect needs to be switched to "off?" That means the batter is connected and allowing power to my fridge?

I didn't realize that the battery was what was powering my fridge - I guess I thought that's what the city power was doing> Sheesh - I have a lot to learn I guess.
    No, the disconnect needs to be "on" so that you can't remove the key. Otherwise, the batteries aren't being charged. As @huntr70 pointed out, your symptoms could be coming from the battery being run down at night when there's no solar. When the sun comes up the battery is charged up and the frig picks back up. The solar goes to the battery even when the disconnect is set to "off". The frig draws until there isn't enough power (low voltage). The light in the frig might still work but there isn't enough to run the compressor.
    Stephen and Judy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. The English language sort of fails us here with the words on vs. off. Regarding the disconnect switch. Best advice is if you can pull the little handle out of the switch you batteries are disconnected. So. Turn the switch to the position where the handle will not come out. Then your batteries will be connected which is what you need.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    No, the disconnect needs to be "on" so that you can't remove the key. Otherwise, the batteries aren't being charged. As @huntr70 pointed out, your symptoms could be coming from the battery being run down at night when there's no solar. When the sun comes up the battery is charged up and the frig picks back up. The solar goes to the battery even when the disconnect is set to "off". The frig draws until there isn't enough power (low voltage). The light in the frig might still work but there isn't enough to run the compressor.

Ok so lemme make sure I got this:

Fridge runs off the battery event when connected to city power.
    Battery disconnect needs to be set to "on" where the key cannot be removed.
    Solar charges battery which then allows the fridge to run.
    Having the AC on at night has nothing to do with the fact that the fridge isn't working.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Well. The English language sort of fails us here with the words on vs. off. Regarding the disconnect switch. Best advice is if you can pull the little handle out of the switch you batteries are disconnected. So. Turn the switch to the position where the handle will not come out. Then your batteries will be connected which is what you need.
    Okay so I will make sure the battery disconnect is set to "on" and that the key is not removable.

Also, what setting should my solar power pack be to? I think there is AGM, Sealed, and Lithium. I have no idea what any of those mean

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What setting should my solar power pack be to? I think there is AGM, Sealed, and Lithium. I have no idea what any of those mean
    If you have the stock battery that comes with the coach, it's probably lead acid. That would be the AGM setting
    Stephen and Judy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast