Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical power issue

I recently had my 29RS fiver in for some roof repairs. When I got it back I took it to my storage spot and plugged it in. Everything seemed fine. A couple of days later we went to check on it and noticed a foul smell. Thinking it may have been related to the work recently done we opened it up to air out. The next morning went back to check on it and no change but I noticed the AC was not running and its breaker popped. I switched it on and the ac seemed to start up but I noticed some glowing behind the cb panel cover. Looking more closely I noticed some melting and wires behind the cover glowing red and insulation burnt. Turned everything off and called the repair place thinking maybe when they put the ac back on the roof something got miswired. Took it back in and they tell me that they could find nothing wrong, maybe a power surge, and after cleaning up the wiring and reconnecting everything was working fine but the panel needed replacing. So they ordered it and put it back in and called for me to pick up yesterday. Picked it up and brought it home. Plugged in and went inside. At first it seemed good but then I started to notice things. Fridge only running on gas, microwave not getting power, GFCI receptacles dead, tv not working, fireplace not working. Some 115 plugs work but some not working. Strange thing is it seems that the top half of things on the cb panel are working but things using the bottom four cb’s are not working. I replaced the bottom four cb’s but still the same. I think they aren’t getting power but can’t explain why the top half of breakers are. I guess I’ll have to take it back to repair place but my confidence in them is waning. Sorry if this should go to a different area on the forum.
    Last edited by Leons_Bad_Side; 09-17-2022 at 11:25 AM.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! Obviously miswired, but hard to diagnose unless you were the one who did the work. Hope you can get it resolved.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like back to the repair place is your best option.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S