User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kept my '96 Cummins as a daily driver and Tow Vehicle for 25 years... Then got a Ram 2021 3500.. the big question in my family is.... Did the truck get old or did I?.... or a little of both? Belts and Hoses every 5 years no matter what. Water pump at 150k... oil and filter changes.... Checking the Truck Forums can give you an idea how long parts last,. That way you can stay ahead things... I also believe that machinery is like people... Some just bring more drama than they are worth.... If that's the case... kick them to the curb!
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds as if he traded the F250 for a 2023 C2500 Chevy diesel. The bottom of his posting is showing the new vehicle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    That truck looks amazing for nearly 23 years old. No truck is ever too old as long as it is serviceable and has a purpose. Glad you gave the old truck a purpose.

Bill

That 7.3 is a workhorse. Take care of the rest and it will last you forever.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    It sounds as if he traded the F250 for a 2023 C2500 Chevy diesel. The bottom of his posting is showing the new vehicle.
    Right. The signature is the tell. We bought a new Chevy 2500 HD, CCSB, duramax. The f250 is for sale as soon as I detail it.

Pretty much stumbled into a situation where a dealer happened to have 3 2500s, two with the towing options. He was was willing to work a bit on price so we closed a deal.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing any 3/4 ton trucks on dealer lots--other than stripped units. You were fortunate to find what you did.

The biggest Ford dealer in the Southeast has 3 F250's on hand, and he's asking $699 over window sticker.

Thousands and thousands of 2022 SuperDuty trucks are sitting on the Louisville airport grounds and at the Kentucky Speedway waiting on parts to finish. It's going to be interesting to see what Ford's going to do with them when the 2023 models are coming out of their factory.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I'm not seeing any 3/4 ton trucks on dealer lots--other than stripped units. You were fortunate to find what you did.

The biggest Ford dealer in the Southeast has 3 F250's on hand, and he's asking $699 over window sticker.

Thousands and thousands of 2022 SuperDuty trucks are sitting on the Louisville airport grounds and at the Kentucky Speedway waiting on parts to finish. It's going to be interesting to see what Ford's going to do with them when the 2023 models are coming out of their factory.
    Yes, I was surprised to see a pair of well appointed “high country” Silverado diesels on the lot. He let me have one for $3K under sticker.

It is missing the sound insulation material that normally is attached under the hood. Eventually GM will contact me to install it, when they have one for me. A lot of trucks are missing the chips for controlling the seat heat/cool. Ours has those.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS "Betty Roy"
    2023 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6L Duramax " "
    1955 Ford F-100 "Nellie"
    2017 Great Dane mix "Nibbler", 2018 English Lab "Hamilton"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just great. You did well.

I worked for Ford for 24 years, and I just gave my 2003 F250 Lariat 7.3 diesel truck to my 15 year old grandson. He's one happy camper.

Since we got my Reflection 323BHS, it's been kept in a member owned campground in the NE Georgia Mountains. Since I never leave with my trailer, I switched off to a 2020 F150 Supercrew STX with the 2.7 Ecoboost engine. It's an incredibly fast vehicle for 2.7 liters--faster than most 1965 Pontiac GTO's. And it gets 25 mpg on the open road unloaded. All I tow in a year's time is a 24' tritoon boat @ 4,500 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buying new doesnt mean you won't have problems. i drove truck for 50 years never liked getting a new truck didnt want all the problems. i drove truck that had a million miles on them and ran great. if you wait for things to go wrong your going to problems.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1honda12 View Post
    buying new doesnt mean you won't have problems. i drove truck for 50 years never liked getting a new truck didnt want all the problems. i drove truck that had a million miles on them and ran great. if you wait for things to go wrong your going to problems.
    I'm still pulling with a '05 Dodge 2500 CTD that looks new. 110K miles. I've never experienced any of the issues I read about on the newer trucks being manufactured today. No recalls, and has never spent the night in the shop, or having to wait for backordered parts. However, were I a little younger and had more years of camping left I'd probably be more willing to buy something new.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123