Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent idea.
    Thanks

QUOTE=Tigger1;448819]Some time back an older experienced camper in our camping group recommended using mothballs to deter spiders, so we took him up on it. I don’t know if we have just been lucky or not but we don’t have spiders. We also use original scented bounce sheets “everywhere“ when we store it for the winter.[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding.....thanks.

QUOTE=Tigger1;448819]Some time back an older experienced camper in our camping group recommended using mothballs to deter spiders, so we took him up on it. I don’t know if we have just been lucky or not but we don’t have spiders. We also use original scented bounce sheets “everywhere“ when we store it for the winter.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    We carry a box of Boraxo (yeah - the 20 Muel Team brand) and a can of ant spray.

When we suspect ants we spread the borax around the pads and utility hoses. When we see ants in those areas once parked we spray with ant spray.

The borax is a great was to keep critters out. I think it helps with spiders but our pest treatment guy said not much stops them other than outright spraying on stomping on them.

Where the electric cord and water hose enters the RV I always put a dryer sheet in the slot to stop any critters who thing about crawling up those and into the rig.

So far, after a LOT of years doing this, so good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took my A7 Corsair to Aberdeen so they could do some testing on it....we were transitioning to F16's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Some time back an older experienced camper in our camping group recommended using mothballs to deter spiders, so we took him up on it. I don’t know if we have just been lucky or not but we don’t have spiders. We also use original scented bounce sheets “everywhere“ when we store it for the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We are on a concrete pad at Aberdeen Proving Ground... no effect on spiders. It does, however, help with ants.

Rob

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Took my A7 Corsair to Aberdeen so they could do some testing on it....we were transitioning to F16's.
    They still test munitions here, but a lot of biological and other research has been added since "back then." Hearing the thuds down range kinda makes me feel at home, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    They still test munitions here, but a lot of biological and other research has been added since "back then." Hearing the thuds down range kinda makes me feel at home, though.

Rob
    That's what is scaring the spiders into hiding in your rig!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bahahahaha....wait.....er.....whaaaat???? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    That's what is scaring the spiders into hiding in your rig!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demon. Buy it at hardware store. Comes in powder form. Mix with water. Apply using pump-up sprayer. Spray under and around trailer. Mine lasts 4-6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't keep spiders out of my house, let alone the RV!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My exterminator here in FL says there is nothing that will keep spiders away. Clear the webs and try and kill the spider, but more will come back.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ortho-Ho...1004/300569432

I use this on the camper and the boat and it works great. The boat is in a slip at a marina and will be covered with spiders if you don’t spray. The rain will eventually wash off but I find it lasts around a month ( longer on the camper which usually sits in my barn when not camping) and is very affective. Buy the one with the battery operated wand. Makes it real easy to apply, just hold down the trigger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast