User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior spray port

New owner of Imagine (about 5 weeks) and perplexed with spray port passenger side. Missing adapter perhaps? Some concern as to HOW to winterize it. My coiled spray hose with "gun" headstock doesn't fit it. There's no mention of it in Owners Manual either. Photos included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SprayPort#2.jpg   SprayPort#1.jpg  
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The coiled end opposite the "gun" does fit...but it can be a bear! Practice on the one in the pass through, with the Hot/Cold valves. That works the same way, but no valves. On mine is MUCH easier.

1. Make sure there is NO water pressure in the lines. Turn off all water, and open a faucet.
    2. Press in the outer ring in while trying to free up the internal valve.
    3. A screwdriver or anything else that fits inside can be used to free up the internal valve that may be stuck due to hard water deposits, etc. Press hard!
    4. Once you get some motion out of the valve with your chosen tool, a little bit of lube - dry lube, WD-40, etc. can help.
    5. Then try your hose fitting. I have to still use a pliers to press it, and wiggle/twist to get it to pop in. (all while holding the outer ring in).

At my last RV service, I asked them to replace. They didn't, as they said they got it working just fine and any replacement would be just as bad. I didn't try it then. But will next week when it comes out of storage, and we'll see how leaving it a month to think about its sins works out!

Then for the Advanced Placement Class, we can figure out how to get the booth dining table to actually fold for use as a bed! That is even harder.....
    Last edited by sande005; 09-18-2022 at 03:27 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    The coiled end opposite the "gun" does fit...but it can be a bear! Practice on the one in the pass through, with the Hot/Cold valves. That works the same way, but no valves. On mine is MUCH easier.

1. Make sure there is NO water pressure in the lines. Turn off all water, and open a faucet.
    2. Press in the outer ring in while trying to free up the internal valve.
    3. A screwdriver or anything else that fits inside can be used to free up the internal valve that may be stuck due to hard water deposits, etc. Press hard!
    4. Once you get some motion out of the valve with your chosen tool, a little bit of lube - dry lube, WD-40, etc. can help.
    5. Then try your hose fitting. I have to still use a pliers to press it, and wiggle/twist to get it to pop in. (all while holding the outer ring in).

At my last RV service, I asked them to replace. They didn't, as they said they got it working just fine and any replacement would be just as bad. I didn't try it then. But will next week when it comes out of storage, and we'll see how leaving it a month to think about its sins works out!

Then for the Advanced Placement Class, we can figure out how to get the booth dining table to actually fold for use as a bed! That is even harder.....
    *** Got it! Your tips worked! Thank you. *** [sign-off]
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about removing that fitting and replacing with a regular outside faucet.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins