Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude floorplan - 376RD

So I was looking at floorplans on the GD website last night and noticed a new floorplan (or 3) they just put up. The one that interests me is a Solitude 376RD. No pics yet, not even a posted dry weight, but the floorplan shows they added some counter space in the kitchen by moving the pantry out of the stove/fridge slide. Really opens up that area. That was always a sticky point with the 380FL kitchen in my mind. This change takes the weight of the pantry out of that slide as well. The bathroom is the newer style with a double vanity, and it has a coat closet...gotta love that!
    GVW is still at 16,800 with two 7000# axles, so I assume a ballpark UVW of 14,500 like the other 42' models.
    Odd they would use the same number designation from the discontinued 376TH, but then my wife says I think about this stuff too much.
    If anyone has seen a prototype of this new model at a show I would appreciate any insights.
    Regards,
    SteveM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    So I was looking at floorplans on the GD website last night and noticed a new floorplan (or 3) they just put up. The one that interests me is a Solitude 376RD. No pics yet, not even a posted dry weight, but the floorplan shows they added some counter space in the kitchen by moving the pantry out of the stove/fridge slide. Really opens up that area. That was always a sticky point with the 380FL kitchen in my mind. This change takes the weight of the pantry out of that slide as well. The bathroom is the newer style with a double vanity, and it has a coat closet...gotta love that!
    GVW is still at 16,800 with two 7000# axles, so I assume a ballpark UVW of 14,500 like the other 42' models.
    Odd they would use the same number designation from the discontinued 376TH, but then my wife says I think about this stuff too much.
    If anyone has seen a prototype of this new model at a show I would appreciate any insights.
    Regards,
    SteveM
    Looks like it replaced the 375. Bigger bathroom with a smaller kitchen. I think I like our 375 better. The closet is nice but I don’t spend that much time in the bathroom so I’ll live with a smaller one.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 more new floor plans

If they had that at the rally it did not gain my attention.
    At the rally they had the ST3460FL (SClass) and the ST391DL both are listed in the new flyers they had on site, also appear on their web pages.

Both were very nice. The 3460 S Class made me go hmmm
    Has lots of potential with a nice floorplan just under 38 ft in length. Even had thoughts of it to replacing the 303.. one negative was a tiny bathroom.. Then the Biggest negative came along once you open the small basement .. No make that... A very teeny tiny basement. If they find a way of improving that it could generate lots of interest. I have 2 small video look arounds on the interior but will have to upload to utube to post them here. No shots of the basement, it was so tiny it is not worthy of the storage space (no pun intended) on my phone.. The small bath had more storage than the basement lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220918_171443.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	43095

The 391DL , well I could live in that one easily, just not tow it. It's a 42.5 footer with 2 full Bedrooms and 2 full baths.. the 2nd bedroom has a queen bed .. Visions of that easily turning into a hobby room by removing the bed. There is also a loft. If it were to stay in place It would make a great home in a park someplace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220918_171838.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	43096
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 09-18-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the 391 at the Heshey show. I liked it, we considered that and turning one of the rooms into a bunk room. We opted not to go that route since we plan to have kayaks, bikes and a golf cart with us. I didnt like the CCC was only about 2400lbs, but that was with 7k axles. The GD rep said if you order with 8k axles it would bump it up about 1200lbs.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Looks like it replaced the 375. Bigger bathroom with a smaller kitchen. I think I like our 375 better. The closet is nice but I don’t spend that much time in the bathroom so I’ll live with a smaller one.
    JKJ; I see what you mean about it being the 375 replacement. I totally missed that. Still like to see one before committing to something else.
    SteveM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JKJ; I see what you mean about it being the 375 replacement. I totally missed that. Still like to see one before committing to something else.
    SteveM
    Actually the kitchen looks to be the same but with a shallow pantry instead of the deeper one in the 375. Its 14" longer so that's where the bathroom space is coming from. Probably a nice upgrade as long as the kitchen isn't any smaller.

Our '21 375 showed up over 14,500 empty. Add another 1'+ plus its gotta be heavy beast
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Actually the kitchen looks to be the same but with a shallow pantry instead of the deeper one in the 375. Its 14" longer so that's where the bathroom space is coming from. Probably a nice upgrade as long as the kitchen isn't any smaller.

Our '21 375 showed up over 14,500 empty. Add another 1'+ plus its gotta be heavy beast
    I see what you mean about the shallow pantry. My wife actually prefers that as our motor home had a deep pantry with no slide trays....made it hard to get to stuff in the back.
    While on the subject of 375's, do you find having two sets of interior steps to be a nuisance? My wife and I are 67 and 68 now. 10 years ago all the steps wouldn't even be an issue, but now it's something to consider. I like the "separate" rooms you get in the 375/380/390 plans, just not sure about the steps.
    Thanks,
    SteveM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you mean about the shallow pantry. My wife actually prefers that as our motor home had a deep pantry with no slide trays....made it hard to get to stuff in the back.
    While on the subject of 375's, do you find having two sets of interior steps to be a nuisance? My wife and I are 67 and 68 now. 10 years ago all the steps wouldn't even be an issue, but now it's something to consider. I like the "separate" rooms you get in the 375/380/390 plans, just not sure about the steps.
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    The steps don't bother us, with 4 to get in and 2 up to the bedroom I don't feel another 2 is that big of a deal.But we are in out 50's so I can't speak to your situation.

The massive storage in the back in that family of units is why we went there. Its is fantastic being able to spread stuff out without stuffing the front basement. We really have almost nothing in the front basement, we haul everything in the back. Along with the normal stuff, we carry a nice folding/extending step ladder and added a pull out for our Blackstone grill and still have plenty of room.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw it at the Hershey show and love it. We currently carry a 10.5 foot kayak and 2 e-bikes without the storage. We put the bikes in the living room and the kayak on the bed. The storage area looks to be about 13 feet long (nobody had a tape measure at the show). All of our storage needs would be taken care of. And the inside ain't bad either.
    Looks like if we want one it will have to be ordered because from what I can find on the net, the one at the show is the only one that exists.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems similar to our 3950 BHR with the loft added in place of bunks. Also bunks and outdoor kitchen deleted on curbside. Back bathroom is flipped as well. Id like to see it produced.
    2022 Silverado 3500 HD SRW 4X4 Duramax
    2021 Solitude S Class 3950 BHR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast