User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    I have this installed on my trailer, and can open/close the shade without the need to open the door.

Attachment 43125

https://www.zarcor.com/rv_products/r...-kit/index.php
    Can this be installed on the Slim Shade frame? I really like the tinted glass that came with it; if these vertical blinds can be installed on the Slim Shade frame, I might be interested...
    Thanks
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJMCCAND View Post
    I'm an idiot, okay maybe not quite, perhaps I'm just so laser-focused on a task that I tune out everything else. I installed the AP Products Slim Shade on our 2019 230RL door. Boy was I proud of the install! I told the wife to check it out, waiting for her kind words of appreciation and acknowledgement of my DIY prowess. Instead, I got, "Looks great, but how do I move the shade from inside with the door closed, genius? The screen door is in the way." Oops, I totally did not see that coming.

So, has anyone figured a modification to the stock screen door or found a replacement after market screen door that does grant access to the window shade when both doors are closed?

Thanks.

We just installed our slim shade upsidedown. Pull it up to close instead of down.
    This way it's at eye level so people outside can't look in and at the same time if someone knocks we can still peek out.
    I wish I could do the same with the darkening blinds in the living room!
    I seldom have to mess with it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luisbeal View Post
    We just installed our slim shade upsidedown. Pull it up to close instead of down.
    This way it's at eye level so people outside can't look in and at the same time if someone knocks we can still peek out.
    But you still have to go outside, down the steps to do that, right?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    But you still have to go outside, down the steps to do that, right?
    Yes, but like I said, I seldom have to mess with it. We leave the top open enough to peek out but not enough to lose privacy. It has never made any difference in brightness that I felt that I had to open and close it daily to let the sunshine in.
    Ideally I would have preferred one that could open and close from the inside, but I didn't find out about the one that was shown above until a month after installing. But to be honest I like what I have the way it is, because, unlike the other shade, if there is a need, I can peek outside day or night without losing privacy or anyone seeing me.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you peek out and see someone without them seeing you? If you can see them, they can see you. One way glass? Line of sight works both ways.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    How do you peek out and see someone without them seeing you? If you can see them, they can see you. One way glass? Line of sight works both ways.
    Not when you a have a tinted window and a black screen between you and the person outside. If all your lights are on then sure. Either way all they would be able to see would be my face as I only leave about 5 inches of the slim shade open.
    Anyway, this is how we made it work for us without being worried about opening and closing it on a daily basis.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the same in our Reflection 295RL; installed the shade upside down so that we could could see out at the top. It initially had the opaque window, and DW hated that from day one. I don’t ever remember having to move it again after we set it at the height we wanted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    I have this installed on my trailer, and can open/close the shade without the need to open the door.

Attachment 43125

https://www.zarcor.com/rv_products/r...-kit/index.php
    This seems to me to be the best option for an installed blind that is moveable without separating the screen from the real door.
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde IS, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but like I said, I seldom have to mess with it. We leave the top open enough to peek out but not enough to lose privacy. It has never made any difference in brightness that I felt that I had to open and close it daily to let the sunshine in.
    Ideally I would have preferred one that could open and close from the inside, but I didn't find out about the one that was shown above until a month after installing. But to be honest I like what I have the way it is, because, unlike the other shade, if there is a need, I can peek outside day or night without losing privacy or anyone seeing me.
    I understand. We wanted a window we could see out of, and have more "view" from inside the rig. Partially blocking that window wouldn't have been much better than the non-see through window we replaced.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying a few things, at night we just take a towel and tuck one end of it at the top of the valance over the door. The towel hangs down long enough to block the entry door's window. Gives privacy and blocks any morning light.
    You can color coordinate the towel to the colors inside your RV.
    'MyGrandDesignRV' member#: 42052

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast