User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaboni SC-30A-MPPT can't connect

Hi all, New to the Forum and New to Grand Design. Just picked up our 2022 Momentum 21G last week, and for a week I have read many posts about the solar set up and investigated almost all the topics, but I have had no joy getting to the bottom of the issue I am having, so asking for help. it appears the like many others, my previous TT had a Go Power solar remote panel and I could monitor everything. This Great Grand Design comes with a Jaboni 30 amp MPPT controller and the Bluetooth module. Ok, so I need and app. No problem. Downloaded the "solar app" from the play store on my android device, got the Bluetooth manual from the Jaboni site and go looking for the module in the connection screen to add a device. according to the manual I should se something that says "BT-XX-XXXXXX". Which of course I do not see. I see many other options, a c pap, a tv, the coach radio PX1, some of my neighbors things that are broadcasting, but do not see anything that starts with "BT". I see something that is like "688656". so i connect to that and the app says "connecting to 688656" then, nothing. no info at all. just blanks where there should be numbers. I find my controller in the cubby behind the front storage and the simple LED lights are working, says charging, see the Bluetooth module, and no link light. so I pull the plug. App says "disconnected". Guess I have the correct Bluetooth number, even though it does not say "BT-XX-XXXX". when i plug the Bluetooth module back in, when it is half way plugged in I get a Red flash on the module link light, then it goes out. I try to connect via the Bluetooth on my android and my android says "that module requires an app to run". Ok, no problem, I have a thermometer for my smoker that is the same way, not an issue. I have tried everything, Jaboni site does not help at all and with the dealer being 3.5 hours away I am hoping to get some help here. I am not discounting the Bluetooth module and or controller may be faulty. Thank you in advance for the help.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahJohn View Post
    Hi all, New to the Forum and New to Grand Design. Just picked up our 2022 Momentum 21G last week, and for a week I have read many posts about the solar set up and investigated almost all the topics, but I have had no joy getting to the bottom of the issue I am having, so asking for help. it appears the like many others, my previous TT had a Go Power solar remote panel and I could monitor everything. This Great Grand Design comes with a Jaboni 30 amp MPPT controller and the Bluetooth module. Ok, so I need and app. No problem. Downloaded the "solar app" from the play store on my android device, got the Bluetooth manual from the Jaboni site and go looking for the module in the connection screen to add a device. according to the manual I should se something that says "BT-XX-XXXXXX". Which of course I do not see. I see many other options, a c pap, a tv, the coach radio PX1, some of my neighbors things that are broadcasting, but do not see anything that starts with "BT". I see something that is like "688656". so i connect to that and the app says "connecting to 688656" then, nothing. no info at all. just blanks where there should be numbers. I find my controller in the cubby behind the front storage and the simple LED lights are working, says charging, see the Bluetooth module, and no link light. so I pull the plug. App says "disconnected". Guess I have the correct Bluetooth number, even though it does not say "BT-XX-XXXX". when i plug the Bluetooth module back in, when it is half way plugged in I get a Red flash on the module link light, then it goes out. I try to connect via the Bluetooth on my android and my android says "that module requires an app to run". Ok, no problem, I have a thermometer for my smoker that is the same way, not an issue. I have tried everything, Jaboni site does not help at all and with the dealer being 3.5 hours away I am hoping to get some help here. I am not discounting the Bluetooth module and or controller may be faulty. Thank you in advance for the help.
    First off UtahJohn, welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place to get help from fellow GD owners. I don't have that setup, but I remember a few who did post about issues with that Bluetooth module. You may have to replace the module itself.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you Soundsailor for the info. I will contact the dealer, hopefully they can send one to me instead of spending a whole day and $300 in fuel to take the trailer back to them

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you Soundsailor for the info. I will contact the dealer, hopefully they can send one to me instead of spending a whole day and $300 in fuel to take the trailer back to them
    OK, shouldn't be a heavy lift to replace that module. If the dealer doesn't seem responsive, contact GD customer service directly. My dealer can be pretty slow but I've had good luck with GD CS.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @UtahJohn, I had trouble connecting initially as well. You need to see that BT which is the Jaboni controller.

I called Jaboni directly traded a few email's & it has been working reasonable well since that bit of finger trouble & that is all it was. They were very helpful.

The app is fussy, if I'm streaming music thru the phone it has trouble finding the BT device.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale B, thank you for the replay, I did talk to the selling dealer yesterday, since I don't see any Bluetooth and I don't get any link lights, they are sending me a new Bluetooth module, after that comes in I will be testing again to see if I can connect to monitor. I will update as soon as I get the new module. On a side note, looking forward to our first overnight outing in this new rig this week end.
    John and Heather
    2022 Momentum 21G
    2020 Dodge 2500 Cummings
    traded Rockwood 2104s

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning all! I am going to go out on a limb here and hopefully not jinx myself, however the dealer that is over 3 hours away did send me a new Bluetooth module that did work. So far working with Bish's RV in Idaho Falls has been amazing. Now that I can monitor the solar, all be it with the clunky "solar" app, I feel much better. Next step is to modify the front and only storage compartment on the 21g to install 2-200 AH Lithium Ion batteries and possibly an additional 300 W panel to the rig. Ordered a 3000 Watt Inverter and ATS as well. The inverter must have been removed from this rig, correct me if I am wrong, but my build sheet says 300 watt panel, and from my understanding if it came with a 300 Watt it should have had the inverter already. I do see extra holes in the hidden cubby in the front storage. No worries, I would have removed the 1000 Watt inverter anyway. Thank you all for your help.!!
    John and Heather
    2022 Momentum 21G
    2020 Dodge 2500 Cummings
    traded Rockwood 2104s

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning all! I am going to go out on a limb here and hopefully not jinx myself, however the dealer that is over 3 hours away did send me a new Bluetooth module that did work. So far working with Bish's RV in Idaho Falls has been amazing. Now that I can monitor the solar, all be it with the clunky "solar" app, I feel much better. Next step is to modify the front and only storage compartment on the 21g to install 2-200 AH Lithium Ion batteries and possibly an additional 300 W panel to the rig. Ordered a 3000 Watt Inverter and ATS as well. The inverter must have been removed from this rig, correct me if I am wrong, but my build sheet says 300 watt panel, and from my understanding if it came with a 300 Watt it should have had the inverter already. I do see extra holes in the hidden cubby in the front storage. No worries, I would have removed the 1000 Watt inverter anyway. Thank you all for your help.!!
    Some good news indeed! You can rename the BT so it's easier to recognize when you connect. I used "310GK Solar", if you have the 300w panel it generates good charge current & is displayed both in watts & amps. It's flat on the roof so you will never see full potential.

Lots of good info from the app, such as power from the panel & converted power to the batteries. You can see from that how well the 36v panel works vs 12v system I had previously. There is also a history tab so you monitor previous solar days.

I have 2ea 200a bluetooth Lithium batteries, between the Jaboni app & the battery app I can easily see charge & discharge power. Available power, rate of discharge, profile's & history. I'm going to say...too much information....you see things you do not normally know & that generates more questions.

The single 300w solar panel & charger have easily keep the 2ea lithium batteries up. Even if I go deeper into the batteries, I'am away during the week & the solar can fully recharge. My house draw while away, the fridge consuming the most is 2-3ah. I'm planning for a additional 300w 36v portable panel next season so I can chase the sun with optimal angle. Not concerned exceeding the 30a charge controller rating as the roof panel will never see max power.

If you are not aware you will need to change the charge profile in the Jaboni to lithium, it defaults LA & AGM.
    2022 Solitude 310GK, Factory option Include, Dual Pane Winders, Slide Toppers, Solar pacakge, Gen Prep, Pull Out Kitchen & Heat Pump
    Cheaters list so far Includes, Snap Pads, 2ea 200ah Smart Heated Lithium Batteries
    2014 Sierra 3500HD Duramax LWB SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale B, Thank you for that info!!
    John and Heather
    2022 Momentum 21G
    2020 Dodge 2500 Cummings
    traded Rockwood 2104s

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been nothing but problematical for me and has never worked. GD sent me a new bluetooth module which doesn't work at all. Android OS was giving me a pop-up saying the app has a bug and to notify the developer. I called Jaboni (they are not the app developer) and they have been no help at all. GD now tells me to schedule service with the dealer. BLUF - the connection into the Jaboni from the BT module is not secure and power to the BT module goes on and off every few seconds. Likely the Jaboni module will need to be replaced. Jaboni said they hoped to have the app 'fixed' soon but that was 3 months ago.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast