User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused on my Axle Brand- Lippert or Dexter

Bought GD 2500RL in 2017. The manual that came with our RV states the axle is a Lippert but many Google searches say that Grand Design used Dexter axles. Are they the same company or did Lippert purchase Dexter sometime between 2018 and now?

Initially I was wanting to re-grease my axles and got side tracked on determine what axle I actually have.
    2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ECO 3.55
    2017 Imagine 2500RL, Fastway E2 10K Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they are separate companies. My 22RBE comes with Lippert. I found that the hubs are interchangeable though.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We to have a 22RBE but ours has Dexter Axles. Ours has a sticker on the axles that state all the axle info on them.
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tent2tt View Post
    Bought GD 2500RL in 2017. The manual that came with our RV states the axle is a Lippert but many Google searches say that Grand Design used Dexter axles. Are they the same company or did Lippert purchase Dexter sometime between 2018 and now?

Initially I was wanting to re-grease my axles and got side tracked on determine what axle I actually have.
    Each axle has a data tag on it. Crawl under and look. It will tell you.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my 2017, I was told that they had changed from Lippert to Dexter.....but when I got it, nope - apparently they still had Lippert in stock when they built it. The sticker on the axel tells all.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tent2tt View Post

Look in your owners packet for a paper that says Serial Number Data Sheet and another that says Vehicle Weight Information Sheet. The SNDS list the brand, model number and if applicable serial number for all of the components installed on your trailer. For example mine says that it has Lippert model number V000531456 axles and list the serial number for each. The VWIS says that the axles are rated at 4400 lbs each.

I tried to post pictures but something was transformed in the import and download of them when I transferred them from my iPhone to my Android tablet. They're in a type of file that isn't compatible with the forum software.
    Russ
    2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russhd1997 View Post
    Look in your owners packet for a paper that says Serial Number Data Sheet and another that says Vehicle Weight Information Sheet. The SNDS list the brand, model number and if applicable serial number for all of the components installed on your trailer. For example mine says that it has Lippert model number V000531456 axles and list the serial number for each. The VWIS says that the axles are rated at 4400 lbs each.

I tried to post pictures but something was transformed in the import and download of them when I transferred them from my iPhone to my Android tablet. They're in a type of file that isn't compatible with the forum software.
    No 'Serial Number Data Sheet' but I did have VWIS info stating I had 3500 LBS axles. Thanks for your contribution.
    2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ECO 3.55
    2017 Imagine 2500RL, Fastway E2 10K Hitch