User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion convection Microwave Door Switches

I keep blowing fuses on my furrion convection microwave when I open the door. I would like to order spare switches but have been unable to find the correct part numbers, even after searching the forum.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Frank
    Frank & Harriett
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    New 2023 Silverado 3500 HD with Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 303travel View Post
    I keep blowing fuses on my furrion convection microwave when I open the door. I would like to order spare switches but have been unable to find the correct part numbers, even after searching the forum.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Frank
    Frigidaire 5304509457 Switch Holder https://a.co/d/2Mn0sLE
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Frigidaire 5304509457 Switch Holder https://a.co/d/2Mn0sLE
    Thanks

I did buy the switch holder but did not get the switches. There is a suggested add-on item of 3 switches in your link; 2 normally open and one normally closed. Are those the correct ones?
    Frank & Harriett
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    New 2023 Silverado 3500 HD with Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

I did buy the switch holder but did not get the switches. There is a suggested add-on item of 3 switches in your link; 2 normally open and one normally closed. Are those the correct ones?
    Ah, I was mistaken. I believe they switch is a normally open switch. Now, for most, it's not the switch that has actually broken, it's the switch holder.

EDIT: Fixed it to normally open instead of normally closed.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    I replaced the switch holder and I am no longer blowing fuses when opening the microwave door.
    Gotta love all the great information provided by forum members!

Thanks
    Frank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    I replaced the switch holder and I am no longer blowing fuses when opening the microwave door.
    Gotta love all the great information provided by forum members!

Thanks
    Frank
    Would someone familiar with this switch holder replacement kindly post the process, especially any cautionary parts of the procedure? It looks like a straightforward swap, but I don't count on that!
    Thanks for the kind help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope someone can help. I just replaced the switch holder and switches. I'll put everything back together & it will work 1-2 times. I've popped popcorn, boiled water etc... then the next time nothing. No heat, no hum of the microwave when it's engaged. I've put an olm meter on all three switches & they are all working. Fuse is not blown. I'm at a loss. TIA
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Paul Harvey would say, here's the rest of the story. I replaced the switch holder & the switches as described above. I did check all switches with an ohm meter and the old ones were good. The new ones were good. So I put it all back together. I got it to heat up some water. I'm so excited I call my wife, went to demonstrate and nothing. I work on it some more and eventually was able to pop a bag of popcorn. Now I'm really excited. Then next time nothing. This went on for several more hours. Work, then not work. I came to the conclusion it's either a capacitor, diode, or magnetron(I think that's the name). I called a local appliance repair shop and was told nobody works on them any more. Too many things can go wrong & it's cheaper to replace than pay for parts & shop cost. So I found the same exact Furrion microwave convection over at Best Buy under the Insignia brand. $300 instead of over $500 for the Furrion.
    Anyhow, it's ordered and should be here in a few weeks.
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with ours. As I recall, its more about the switches opening or closing at the exact same time. If one switch opens/closes before the other it blows the fuse. Believe it or not I solved the problem by wrapping black electrical tape around one of the door claws (lower one i think) of the door so both switches activate at the same time. Saw a YouTube on it. Been working ever since.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that video as well & tried it. Didn't help at all. Fact is our unit never blew a fuse crazy as it sounds. I suspect it's a capacitor, diode resistor or something else above my pay grade & willingness to dig any further
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast