User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    If the mountains are OK for you, Route 100 would be more likely to give you the "quintessential Vermont".
    Wonder what fuel stops are like on either 100 or 5? Been on both and all I can remember are the local marts where it would be darn near impossible to get in. Getting off of 100 near Rutland (Bennington and Brattleboro as well) might present a low overpass opportunity.

Taking some state routes in Indiana, Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska - no place to fuel up with RV attached and glad I put the larger tank in or I have had to find a place to disconnect temporarily.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Wonder what fuel stops are like on either 100 or 5? Been on both and all I can remember are the local marts where it would be darn near impossible to get in. Getting off of 100 near Rutland (Bennington and Brattleboro as well) might present a low overpass opportunity.

Taking some state routes in Indiana, Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska - no place to fuel up with RV attached and glad I put the larger tank in or I have had to find a place to disconnect temporarily.
    Good point, most of the fuel stops on those smaller roads are pretty tight. The good news is that the length of Route 100 is just over 200 miles so not too many stops would be needed. Route 5 would be better as it is a bit bigger and more commercial.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a former New Englander, I worry more about low hanging tree branches. Be aware if driving in the dark!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all-

Sorry for getting back to you all so late on this - we ended up having to hunker down to ride out Hurricane Fiona in Nova Scotia! We're all good, and so was our rig - the area we were in wasn't too bad - we ended up having 50-60mph winds for 17 straight hours. After that I completely forgot about this thread (and trip planning in general!). Really appreciate all this insight - at this point we'll plan to drive Route 100 but will be sure to start with a full tank of diesel (our 2020 Ford has a 48 gallon tank) so we should be good for the whole route. Definitely don't plan on driving at night, especially in new areas but will certainly keep an eye out for low branches!!

Really appreciate all of you!
    2020 Ford F-350 XLT DRW Long Box w/ 6.7 Diesel & 3.55 Gear Ratio
    B&W Turnoverball Goose Ball Hitch
    2021 Reflection 367BHS w/ Reese Goose Box 20k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12