User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best location to mount levelmate pro

I’m getting a Levelmate Pro Plus for my birthday!! Any recommendations for the best place to mount it in my 312 BHTS? I’ll want to be near a usb plug or some 12 v source. Thanks.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put mine in the front storage unit in my 2600RB. I just have the battery unit (which is frustrating because that battery goes dead fast!) But you could probably tie into the LED nose lights or the storage lighting, before any switching. My theory is to get it as close to the front of the unit as possible to lessen the distance between the Levelmate and your phone as you sit in the driver's seat. When I had it in my previous trailer I had it near the rear and would lose the signal when standing at the tongue jack (and that was only a 22' unit!)
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I’m getting a Levelmate Pro Plus for my birthday!! Any recommendations for the best place to mount it in my 312 BHTS? I’ll want to be near a usb plug or some 12 v source. Thanks.
    I have a 320MKS 5ver. I put it in the front "generator" compartment, mounted on the wall, below the OneControl control panel. I also put a USB power outlet near it so I could power it; used WAGO connectors to connect it to the 12vdc light that is right there.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I’m getting a Levelmate Pro Plus for my birthday!
    Happy Birthday!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with mounting it as far forward as possible. Our 2016 (spring 2015 build) Reflection 337 came off the line a few months before auto-leveling became standard on the Reflection fifth wheels. With the LevelMatePRO mounted forward, I could pick up the signal on my phone from the cab of the truck. That way I could move the trailer a few feet forward and backward to find the least unlevel spot on an uneven campsite before I put the Beech-Lane levelers under the low side wheels. I thought I was in Hog Heaven!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We mounted ours in the compartment near the water and leveling system. So when we are getting into the site we can turn it on quick to check level before we disconnect the truck. So it is just above the wall between the front compartment and the pass through.
    2022 Solitude 310 GK-R
    2021 GMC 3500

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwalton View Post
    I put mine in the front storage unit in my 2600RB. I just have the battery unit (which is frustrating because that battery goes dead fast!) But you could probably tie into the LED nose lights or the storage lighting, before any switching. My theory is to get it as close to the front of the unit as possible to lessen the distance between the Levelmate and your phone as you sit in the driver's seat. When I had it in my previous trailer I had it near the rear and would lose the signal when standing at the tongue jack (and that was only a 22' unit!)
    I have one of the earlier versions, which requires removing multiple screws to replace the battery (which dies moderately quickly). I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, soldered it to the battery terminals in the unit, and then powered it using the 12v wires from the pass-through light fixture. Mounted everything next to the light. No more battery replacement needed, ever. (well, except for the 2 GC2 that run the whole camper...)
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the battery powered one and have it mounted just inside the left front compartment door. Before we even back in I open the door, turn it on and watch my phone as we settle in. That door stays open until we are completely leveled and is my reminder to turn it off to save battery power. I'm thinking I may do what @sande005 has done. Have been considering a hard wire for some time.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided on the basement storage area next to a light fixture from which a DC voltage was wired to the levelmate pro plus. I took the battery out and configured it for always on.

On my first attempt I just screwed it to the carpet covered luan board where some framing is behind. The carpet covering made it a bit wobbly. Not good enough.

Second attempt involved the 1/4” oak backing board which is super solidly screwed to the frame behind the luan. Perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2522.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	43508
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax