User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design says that model travel trailer's dry weight is 8986 lbs. Add your "stuff" and you would be just under the tow capabilities of a 1/2 ton Max Tow with the RV package. You can do it, but you'll be max'd out.

I would suggest you go with one of the premium hitches like a Hensley or Blue Ox with the best sway system you can get. If the truck squats, it can be leveled up with AirRide 5000 air bags on the rear.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Grand Design says that model travel trailer's dry weight is 8986 lbs. Add your "stuff" and you would be just under the tow capabilities of a 1/2 ton Max Tow with the RV package. You can do it, but you'll be max'd out.

I would suggest you go with one of the premium hitches like a Hensley or Blue Ox with the best sway system you can get. If the truck squats, it can be leveled up with AirRide 5000 air bags on the rear.
    It's a 5th wheel. All 150 series are 5er's. He'll be way over his payload.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok let me state good day to everyone.
    we pickup or Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 226RK in 2 weeks.
    We own a 2021 GMC Sierra 5.3 ltr. 4x4 5.8ft bed crew cab with complete tow package.
    According to GMC the dealer & Grand Design with all the weight specifications our truck should have no problem with this 5th wheel leaving almost 2000 lbs remaining.
    The only recommendation was for me to add air lift at some point to provide a more comfortable ride as well as provide leveling however this was someone opinion and I will consider this option.
    I will provide more information in 2 weeks to the thread.
    Biggest thing to remember as I found out researching is ever truck design or model has different load numbers… so do you research before jumping.
    You can find load calculator online that will do it all just by inputting you vin number.
    Good luck and safe travels

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff & Carol View Post
    Ok let me state good day to everyone.
    we pickup or Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 226RK in 2 weeks.
    We own a 2021 GMC Sierra 5.3 ltr. 4x4 5.8ft bed crew cab with complete tow package.
    According to GMC the dealer & Grand Design with all the weight specifications our truck should have no problem with this 5th wheel leaving almost 2000 lbs remaining.
    The only recommendation was for me to add air lift at some point to provide a more comfortable ride as well as provide leveling however this was someone opinion and I will consider this option.
    I will provide more information in 2 weeks to the thread.
    Biggest thing to remember as I found out researching is ever truck design or model has different load numbers… so do you research before jumping.
    You can find load calculator online that will do it all just by inputting you vin number.
    Good luck and safe travels
    Towing capacity to pull is meaningless
    Hauling capacity to carry is the only important figure

The 226 will weigh 1600 plus with a hitch
    What is the payload rating on your drivers door?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=NB Canada;450635]Towing capacity to pull is meaningless

What is the payload rating on your drivers door?[/LBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	61C9444F-2FBA-496D-BC16-BA7FCE9EEA38.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	43256Click image for larger version. 

ID:	43256

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

I have only towed it about 400 miles.

It hooks up, unhooks and pulls just fine. I know I am right at my trucks maximum payload and thought I might need air bags but after towing it some I don’t think I will need any help for the suspension.

It follows just fine with no push from passing trucks, we had some moderate cross winds but they didn’t bother either. It is easy to get in and out of gas stations because of the short wheel base.

The Powerboost has more than enough power to maintain speed, it does downshift on just about any sort of an upgrade but with the 10 speed it is designed to do that so the RPMs stay in the sweet spot. With it in Tow/Haul mode it almost never goes into 10th, it stays in 9th and will downshift to 7th on hills. With tow/haul mode on it never drops back to use just the electric unless it is in park, if it is in gear the gas motor runs all the time. Also just a note, I think the electric portion of the hybrid is no advantage for towing, in fact I think it takes away because it makes the truck heavier and gives the Powerboost a lower payload than the non-hybrid models.

Overall we are very happy with this rig so far.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Jeff & Carol;450644]
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Towing capacity to pull is meaningless

What is the payload rating on your drivers door?[/LBClick image for larger version. 

ID:	43256Click image for larger version. 

ID:	43256
    So 1655 is the max payload from the factory
    It is likely in the 1400-1500 range actually so just so you are aware the 226 will have you way over payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    2022 F150 Powerboost
    2022 Reflection150 226RK

I have only towed it about 400 miles.

It hooks up, unhooks and pulls just fine. I know I am right at my trucks maximum payload and thought I might need air bags but after towing it some I don’t think I will need any help for the suspension.

It follows just fine with no push from passing trucks, we had some moderate cross winds but they didn’t bother either. It is easy to get in and out of gas stations because of the short wheel base.

The Powerboost has more than enough power to maintain speed, it does downshift on just about any sort of an upgrade but with the 10 speed it is designed to do that so the RPMs stay in the sweet spot. With it in Tow/Haul mode it almost never goes into 10th, it stays in 9th and will downshift to 7th on hills. With tow/haul mode on it never drops back to use just the electric unless it is in park, if it is in gear the gas motor runs all the time. Also just a note, I think the electric portion of the hybrid is no advantage for towing, in fact I think it takes away because it makes the truck heavier and gives the Powerboost a lower payload than the non-hybrid models.

Overall we are very happy with this rig so far.
    Thanks for you input and just happened to be the same unit we are getting. Very helpful

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not do it. Standard F-150 will not carry it.
    Jill and Mark
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Silverado LTZ HD Duramax
    (Previously Salem Hemisphere 286RL)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado2016 View Post
    Do not do it. Standard F-150 will not carry it.

Upon what do you base your claim?

F150’s have payload ratings from 1700 to 2100 pounds depending on what option packages are installed. The pin weight on a Reflection 226RK is less than 1200 pounds leaving between 500 and 900 pounds of payload. A bit of caution about what all is added to the F150 and how the trailer is loaded is needed if one wants to be sure to not go over payload, but it can be done.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast