User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    Making a joke............ LOL but you gotta admit three blowouts on a 300 mile trip is a 1 in a 10,000 chance. Lucky me..
    Or something is wrong with the brakes,bearings or axle alignment
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were the date codes on the tires. On a 2016 they could have been made in 2015 making them almost 7 years old. That's pushing the limit I think.

I use 6 years from the date code as my guide line. It's really too bad because a lot of times the tires are low mileage and it seems a waste of money.

I remember on my Class A I had to toss out a seemingly good set of 6 year old Micheline's with less than 35k miles on them. And I've seen lucky guys who get over 8 years on a set sometimes.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made expensive decision to replace the tires on my 2015 Low mileage Lexus earlier this year. It only had 23000 miles on it but we recently occasionally were using it to travel 125 miles on mostly remote rural roads between house and cabin. When we were using it only locally up the age didn’t bother me.

I decided they were “timed out” and put new tires on the car. The kid that replaced them questioned why I was replacing perfectly good tires.

I now have to make a hard Decision on when to replace $1,000 set of perfect looking 5-6 year old Goodyear G614 tires on our reflection. I’ll probably put on Sailuns.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    When I had TTs I had MANY ST tire failures. Then I made the jump to LT tires, and never looked back. From 2006 to 2021 I ran Michelin XPS RIBS. Not a single issue in 15 years.
    I never thought of that and would totally steal this idea if I could find LT tires for 14" wheels. I also have a 6000 lb tandem axle boat trailer that happens to run the same 14" tire as my TT. It came with Carlisle ST tires (yes, made in China) which are now hmmm about 15 years old. Always garage stored and probably average less than 500 miles a year. Visually nothing wrong with them but certainly I am pressing my luck and should replace them if I was venturing further than the local lakes. At this point though with all of the recent nightmare stories about bad tires, including the OP's, I'm almost afraid to replace them even with Goodyears. They don't make em like they used to? Almost done for the season so I'll make a decision on that in the spring and hope any quality issues get worked out by then. Our new 2023 TT came with 4 Goodyears from the factory (and a Westlake spare). Fingers crossed the Goodyears will serve us as well as the old Carlisles.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Westlake tire blow when we had our Flagstaff double axle travel trailer (September 2021). The alarm on my TST TPMS went off immediately but no warning prior to that. I pulled over right away so just minimal damage to the trailer. A tire shop in a nearby town had 5 GY Endurance tires so I replaced all 5 right there. The quality of the tire matters but so does the size of the wheel. I had several blow outs on the pop-ups that we owned. The smaller the wheel, the more rotations, causing more friction and heat. I'm glad that the new owner of our old Flagstaff has 5 new Goodyears.
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we go again. Every Chinese tire is junk except for the Sailun tire.

I replaced my Westlakes on Day One with Bridgestone Duravis E rated tires--a ribbed tire. Michelin has a comparable tire that's a little more expensive. These are tires like you see on F350's and F550's with crane and utility bodies.

If going ST tire, the Goodyear Endurance or the Maxxis M8008's are okay.

I got tired of paying big $ for Michelins on my 3/4 ton diesel and ordered two Sailun tires for the front end. They're wearing and performing well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my LRG Westlakes with Sailuns , but ended up with the Vietnam built tires , which were recalled. Two failures in less than a year. Fortunately I caught both before they blew apart and damaged anything. On both , the TPMS showed elevated pressure and temperature on the failing tire after being towed a while. This is what prompted me to pull over and take a close look.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a lot of bad luck!
    I'm replacing my December 2016 manufacture-date Westlakes this week and had no issues at all-go figure!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to those that have not had issues. One big problem with tire failures that at highway tires, the flopping tire tread often does as much as $4,000 damage to the trailers.

My Bridgestone Duravis tires were Tennessee made, and they were freshly built (date wise) when I ordered them thru Costco.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a set of Goodyears on my Arctic Fox 5th a few years back. Blew a right rear (in my Avatar). Put on a set of LT Coopers & had no problem with them till I sold it. Don't think GY are as bullet proof as a lot of people think.
    Had WL on my Solitude, put on Sailuns after a year with no problems in the past three. Sold the WL for $200
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast