User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gpo1958 View Post
    I fully concor with Rob. I've put 15,000 miles on my original equipment Westlake load range G tires (made in 2019) in the last 18 months with no problems. Looking to replace them over the winter, due to their age, but not quite sure about what to replace them with. What's the current thinking on Load Range G tires?
    Goodyear G614 or Sailun S637. Both are good tires (I've had two sets of Sailuns and no issues with either).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sailun, can't go wrong.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    When I had TTs I had MANY ST tire failures. Then I made the jump to LT tires, and never looked back. From 2006 to 2021 I ran Michelin XPS RIBS. Not a single issue in 15 years.
    I ran goodyear RIB also for over 10 years. Loved them, but had to raise my 5er at the time, not a GD, to have enough wheel well clearance. I think the Endurance are a good tire also.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    So what I learned from this is:
    1. TPMS doesn't do much good unless you have a slow leak- not sure I will buy another
    2. Change tires after 5-6 years. Tires had less than 6000 miles and were kept in the barn or covered up with covers.
    3. Never buy Westlakes as what's the chance of three blowing on one short 300 mile trip??? It's like they had a built in expiration and were rigged to blow after a certain time. LOL
    That is why I replaced my TST with Tire Minder. On my 5er my Co-Pilot noticed that temp and pressures was increasing on one tire and higher than the rest and climbing. I slowed down and headed for the shoulder and at 15 MPH the alarm went off about the same time the tire came apart. The Tire Minder display shows all your tires at once and not the blink blink blink one tire at time. The display shows my motorhome and the "NS" are my toad Jeep Rubicon that isn't attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tire Minder.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	44055
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    I ran goodyear RIB also for over 10 years. Loved them, but had to raise my 5er at the time, not a GD, to have enough wheel well clearance. I think the Endurance are a good tire also.
    I will not use a Goodyear. That company sold me a lot of ST tires (Marathon) that they knew to be junk, while proclaiming in their advertising that we needed to use their ST tires. They do not deserve any more of my money.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Guess we did well, having two blow out at about 16,000 miles. smh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great news Rob. Thank you for posting that. I just checked and I have the G's and I'm feeling a bit better about it, now.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you couldn't guess, Westlake don't cover collateral damage and you better make sure you take pictures of each tire. I figured the warranty wasn't more than 2 years, so didn't bother taking a picture of the second tire before the service guy took it away with him (I already had one shredded tire in the trailer). Turns out they have an astonishing 3 year warranty, so I got $105. Could have had $210. Unfortunately, Goodyears cost over $150 and shipping alone for the wrecked sheet metal skirt is $1000 because dealers can't be bothered to get pieces shipped in a trailer delivery. 😖

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    In case you couldn't guess, Westlake don't cover collateral damage and you better make sure you take pictures of each tire. I figured the warranty wasn't more than 2 years, so didn't bother taking a picture of the second tire before the service guy took it away with him (I already had one shredded tire in the trailer). Turns out they have an astonishing 3 year warranty, so I got $105. Could have had $210. Unfortunately, Goodyears cost over $150 and shipping alone for the wrecked sheet metal skirt is $1000 because dealers can't be bothered to get pieces shipped in a trailer delivery. ��
    Both times I needed the sheet metal skirts replaced I made a trip out to the GD factory and had them do it. My insurance company paid me directly and it was enough to cover the entire trip... and then some.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I made the mistake of not making sure I pick up at factory as I passed by, then found out the dealers rape you on shipping. The part itself is $100, comes painted, they will cut to length; all I had to do was get out the die grinder and cut the arch. Now I have to design/draw it up, find a local shop, and get it made. Will still be within my deductible if I don't include my time...
    Last edited by dbphillips; 02-08-2024 at 10:44 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast