User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lippert techs have had some interesting comments. For me too high isn't a problem with goosebox and ball.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    One more thing…. I had a chat with a Lippert tech last week and he said that sometimes the auto level function can go a little wonky when connected to shore power. That didn’t make sense to me but that’s what he said.

(I’m rarely connected to shore power when leveling)
    Doesn't make much sense to me either but whatever. Our process developed by us over the last couple years, is once we get the 5er set in the site and leveled side to side using a bubble level on the floor just inside the door. Wheels chocked. Our process starts with unplugging the 7 way truck power cord, we always connect to shore power even before putting down the landing gear, it's just our process. This gets the power monitor on and checks for proper site power, gets the fridge on and the ACs on so things can be cooling down. Being on shore power before starting the unhitching or hitching process gives the system a little more oomph and doesn't rely strictly on just the battery. Then we drop the landing gear and unhook. Soon as the truck is pulled away the Wife hits the auto level and let it do it's thing. Once auto leveled the Wife puts out the slides.

When reconnecting, still on shore power, with slides in, first thing Wife hits on the Ground Control 3.0 controller menu is Auto Retract Rear Jacks, this brings up the rear and mid jacks. I'll start backing up the truck to the pin and the wife uses the front button on the controller to raise the landing gear so that the 5er pin plate is a little lower than the B&W hitch plate. As I back in to hitch the 5er pin plate rides into and up over the B&W hitch plate and locks in. We have only used the Auto Reconnect feature a couple of times in over 2 years since owning the 5er. It just not a feature we use.

It's just one of those things, once you've got a system or process that works for you, that's what you go with.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 09-25-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

When reconnecting, still on shore power, with slides in, first thing Wife hits on the Ground Control 3.0 controller menu is Auto Retract Rear Jacks, this brings up the rear and mid jacks.
    I wish I had the Auto Retract Rear Jacks option. My options are retract all and hitch height.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I wish I had the Auto Retract Rear Jacks option. My options are retract all and hitch height.
    Pressing hitch height does retract all the rear jacks as part of the process. At least that's how it's worked for me.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Ours is probably just a difference version of the Ground Control from yours. They probably thought they made it better by combining functions.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daltontrio View Post
    @ajg617I asked the Lippert technician at the National Rally this year and his response was “I wish they would remove the return to hitch height function, never works correctly”.
    Wow. Seems to me they need better engineers. $.02

Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    One more thing…. I had a chat with a Lippert tech last week and he said that sometimes the auto level function can go a little wonky when connected to shore power. That didn’t make sense to me but that’s what he said.
    I always connect to shore power before leveling and stay connected when returning to hitch height. I hate tasking my battery to run all that stuff and slides and whatnot when setting up or tearing down. Sounds to me that if the leveling system has more issues when on shore power than on battery alone that the power conditioning in the leveling system is crap. If it works on purely DC power fine but is sketchy on inverter power, then it is possible the power to the leveling system may be carrying some noise or frequencies from the inverter that mess with it. I wonder if a nice filter where the leveling system gets its power from would clean the power up enough to make it work better?

If anyone has an oscilloscope around, you might try looking at the leveling system power on battery and on inverter and see what the difference looks like.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh. Find a nice level spot and unhitch your 5er. Take a tape and measure distance to the pad from the bottom of your king pin. From then on, raise the rears and adjust the height to your measurements, back right up and lock it in. The auto hitch height is usually wrong and you end up fiddling with it anyway. My 2c
    Retired US Army, Retired Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2019 F-350 Platinum SRW w/ B&W Companion
    And a great wife….

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12