User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack blocks for Solitude 378 - Anderson vs the new Ox Blox?

Hi all,
    We just worked a deal on a new (2022) 378 MBS to be delivered late October and now I'm accumulating accessories. like jack blocks.
    I like the idea of the Snap Pads, but would like to get more height. Was looking at the Andersen round blocks and noticed another option, the Ox Blox. Looks to be built stronger, but they don't mention magnets like the Andersens have to make alignment easy.
    Anybody have opinions on either product?
    Thanks,
    SteveM

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got two of the Andersen round blocks with our trailer that the owner threw in. They work very nicely and have held up well so far, but I have read they do seem to fail with the heavier trailers. I wouldn't have bought them since, IMO, they are way too expensive for what they are. I feel the same way about the Ox Blox, and they look harder to get centered. Those corner knobs seem like they would make centering the round leveler pads a bit tricky. If I had to buy some, I'd probably buy more of the yellow lego-type blocks.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Hi all,
    We just worked a deal on a new (2022) 378 MBS to be delivered late October and now I'm accumulating accessories. like jack blocks.
    I like the idea of the Snap Pads, but would like to get more height. Was looking at the Andersen round blocks and noticed another option, the Ox Blox. Looks to be built stronger, but they don't mention magnets like the Andersens have to make alignment easy.
    Anybody have opinions on either product?
    Thanks,
    SteveM
    We also have a 378MBS and we bought the Andersen Jack Blocks. On our first trip with them so can's say how well they will last but after 1 night I did notice that the trailer is more stable after DW got up and took the dog out. They were also very easy to attach with the magnets. I do find they are a little tall so one spot gave me a bit of trouble to put under after unhooking but once the leveling started and the front dropped it was easy to get in with the magnets before the jacks started coming down.

So far happy with them but only first trip out and we shall see if they were worth their weight in gold or not.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada