User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert 6 Point Level Up Hydraulic - Electrical issue

I don't know why I didn't place a post in here when I first started having issues, but I decided to contact LCI directly through email in hopes of getting some clarification, and answers. Ha! What a joke - They must have 10 year olds answering emails, with basic auto reply answers. No help at all.
    Sorry for this being so long, but it has been a pretty lengthy process, and I am trying to explain all that I have done in hopes that someone may be able to see something I missed.......

Anyway - I have a 2017 GD Momentum 376TH with the LCI 6 Point hydraulic system. The system components include:
    - OneTouch control pad inside trailer
    - Remote keypad located on inside of pass thru storage door (streetside)
    - Main controller unit (original part #425749 ) located in front generator compartment (attached to ceiling)
    - Rear Remote Sensor (located on rear frame behind axles
    - and of course, the pump/motor, landing gear, and all wiring/hoses.
    - I also have the OneControl app on my iPhone that I use

ISSUE:
    Took the trailer out a few months ago, after it had been sitting for a few months. Went to put it on the truck, and jacks would not work. The outside door keypad operational light was flashing red, indicating and error. This keypad does not have a display screen to list the error, and only shows a green light if on/working, or a red light if an issue exists.
    I went inside trailer to OneTouch pad, which showed error of "rear sensor". Came to find out that it meant that rear leveling sensor was out or unable to communicate with.

Solutions:
    - After first error notice received - I ordered a new Rear Sensor and replaced the original sensor. Fired system up again and got same error message. System still not working, and unable to operate the landing gear with either the keypad, inside touch pad or my phone as long as the error is showing. (I did learn how to manually operate the jacks and have done so, but am trying to address fixing the actual issue)
    - I then figured that there may be a wiring issue in the harness running from the front controller back to the sensor, and since the harness was buried who knows where, I removed the rear sensor and took it up to the front, snipped the wires on harness and then wired the rear sensor directly to the main controller using about 1' of wire. Tried to work landing gear again - same error message and no luck.
    - I then pulled my voltage meter out and began to run tests on all wiring on the system. All wiring to all sensors, keypads, OneTouch, pump, etc were showing normal- with the exception of the 3 wires coming out of the main controller that were for the rear sensor. One of the connections on the main controller were showing a very low voltage of .67 which did not seem right - So I ordered a new controller board for the front. My original part number for this was 425749, which is no longer made, but has been replaced with part #807615 .
    - I received new controller part and installed, and then plugged all wiring back in - I first went to outside keypad and hit both the up/down arrows to wake it up - It came on and showed a green light only, and was no longer flashing red. I was excited and figured problem solved. Then I tried to use arrows to move landing gear, and none of the buttons on the keypad worked now. Keypad will power on but will not operate anything.
    I then went inside to OneTouch pad - when I fired that up the "leveling" icon had now disappeared and was not an option anymore.
    I then went to the app on my iPhone, which now had 2 items showing for leveling. 1st was listed as "Level Up Leveler", and 2nd was listed as "Leveler". However, the 2nd option "Leveler" had a lock symbol next to it and would not let me access it.
    I went into the 1st "Level Up" option and went into Manual mode. I figured maybe I had to reset the Zero Point first, so I pulled out my 3' hand level, was able to move all of the landing gear manually and get trailer level. Once level I tried to hit the "Set Zero Calibration" button on bottom of page, and once I pressed it, it popped up a box that said "Fault, communication error with rear sensor".

So, that is where I am today. Here are the facts known:
    - All landing gear moves and works freely in manual mode on iPhone app, or when used with manual operation (bypass)
    - Pump, hydraulic lines are all functional with no known issues.
    - Rear sensor has been replaced and is new
    - Front controller has been replaced and is new
    - Outside keypad fires up, and was fully functional prior to issue, and also checked fine for electrical prior to replacing front controller
    - Inside OneTouch pad works fine or did until the new front controller was installed and then Leveling icon disappeared. OneTouch Pad was also shut down and rebooted in attempt to have it recognize new items with no luck.
    - iPhone app recognizes leveling system and will allow use of jacks in manual mode but will not allow setting of Zero Point or Auto Level.

Am I missing something?? What could be causing the error to still exist when I have replaced both main parts, and bypassed the rear sensor harness taking it out of question??
    Do you have to reset the system to get rid of any known errors first? And if so - How in the heck do you reset it??
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as LCI is no help and it takes them forever to get back to me, and then they do so with a generic response that makes it seem like they didn't even read my question.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sensor.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	43122Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Controller.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	43123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tablet.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	43124

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest calling Lippert. The techs on the phone are very helpful and knowledgeable.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, quite an experience @mylostclub. It sounds like you've done a pretty thorough job trying to track down the error. At least the manual mode is working. Have you tried calling LCI support? You may have a long hold time but at least you might have a chance of reaching a higher-level technician who could understand your situation.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S