User Tag List

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinions on Silverado LT 3500 DRW

As I've posted before, I have a 398M on order and need a tow vehicle. I originally planned on an F450 order, but the timing is extremely unknown.

A Chevrolet dealer near me has a Silverado 3500 LT DRW w/ Duramax and Allison transmission and 3.42 gears in transit to them. I put a refundable deposit on to hold it and test drive it before I decide to purchase it. They are estimating 3 - 4 weeks before it arrives.

I'm looking for opinions on the truck as I've had Fords for the last 15 years or so. This truck seems to have all the features we want and the color my wife wants. The listing only said hitch, not 5th wheel prep, so I need to verify that option, otherwise it seems like it's a perfect fit for a reasonable price.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    As I've posted before, I have a 398M on order and need a tow vehicle. I originally planned on an F450 order, but the timing is extremely unknown.

A Chevrolet dealer near me has a Silverado 3500 LT DRW w/ Duramax and Allison transmission and 3.42 gears in transit to them. I put a refundable deposit on to hold it and test drive it before I decide to purchase it. They are estimating 3 - 4 weeks before it arrives.

I'm looking for opinions on the truck as I've had Fords for the last 15 years or so. This truck seems to have all the features we want and the color my wife wants. The listing only said hitch, not 5th wheel prep, so I need to verify that option, otherwise it seems like it's a perfect fit for a reasonable price.
    Don't think you'll see a big difference from your Fords, we've been happy with our two Silverados (1500 traded for 2500 HD), but I'm pretty sure we'd have been happy with the equivalent Fords. The test drive will be significant since it sounds like it has the features you're looking for.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our prior truck was a 2013 GMC Sierra with the 6.6 Duramax and Allison... I absolutely loved that truck (but it was a SRW - thus the trade). I wouldn't hesitate to move into a new Silverado or Sierra again.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last truck was a Chevy 2500 Duramax, and loved it, only traded it in to get a 3500. My buddy had a Chevy 2500 Duramax that had 390,000 miles on it with only normal maintenance, unfortunately a drunk took the truck out.

If I needed to replace my current truck, the GMC/Chevy would be on the top of the list, SRW or Dually.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I canceled the deal on the in transit truck, it didnt have 5th wheel prep. I did find a truck in stock located in Maryland. Called them up, worked a deal and they delivered it to my house, no charge, even got a small discount on the truck. Pretty good considering most I see are marked up or just cant find any duallys. I think I got lucky and found this about a day after it hit the dealership.

So far, I'm happy with it. Drives well, the unloaded ride seems better than my SRW F350 did. 10 speed transmission shifts nice and smooth, and I love that there are floor ducts for the rear passengers. We have the 40/20/40 front seat, and on Ford, only center consoles will have the rear ducting (unless it changed since 2018). 3 of my kids and my wife rode in it so far and they seem to enjoy the ride.

Now just need to order a hitch and wait for the Momentum to be built.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH