Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Goosebox install.

This is my third hitch. I replaced the original RotoFlex with a MorRyde, and have now gone to the Reese Goosebox (a nice clean bed). I could make this lates change since I also traded out my short bed for a long bed.

I used sone shackles to attached the safety chains to the bed anchor points and put some (beefy) eye hooks on the hitch to connect the chains to. Hopefully this way there is less reaching into the bed for the chain connection(s).

You can see I also added an air hose extension to the Reese fill valve and T'd it to a TireMinder sense to monitor the air bag in the hitch. Next I may have to extend the release cable but we'll see how that works out on the next few trips.

That's a B&W ball and anchor points in the bed of the truck. I put the chains in some wire shield stiff to keep the noice and scraping down. I store the chains in some bed pockets I installed on both sides of the truck bed. Those pockets also hold a windshield squeeze which actually gets more use as a grabber for stuff that slide to the front of the bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1845.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	43138

Name:	IMG_1846.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	43139

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	43140

kalakamods
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that a lot. Nice and clean!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    This is my third hitch. I replaced the original RotoFlex with a MorRyde, and have now gone to the Reese Goosebox (a nice clean bed). I could make this lates change since I also traded out my short bed for a long bed.

I used sone shackles to attached the safety chains to the bed anchor points and put some (beefy) eye hooks on the hitch to connect the chains to. Hopefully this way there is less reaching into the bed for the chain connection(s).

You can see I also added an air hose extension to the Reese fill valve and T'd it to a TireMinder sense to monitor the air bag in the hitch. Next I may have to extend the release cable but we'll see how that works out on the next few trips.

That's a B&W ball and anchor points in the bed of the truck. I put the chains in some wire shield stiff to keep the noice and scraping down. I store the chains in some bed pockets I installed on both sides of the truck bed. Those pockets also hold a windshield squeeze which actually gets more use as a grabber for stuff that slide to the front of the bad.

Name:	IMG_1845.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	43138

Name:	IMG_1846.jpg 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	43139

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	43140

kalakamods
    Looks great! Only comment is the eye bolt position should be turned 90 degrees. Angular side loading of a eye bolt is not recommended if you ever had to depend on them in an emergency.

Dutchman2

Name:	eyebolt-rated-capacity-diagram.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	43178
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    Looks great! Only comment is the eye bolt position should be turned 90 degrees. Angular side loading of a eye bolt is not recommended if you ever had to depend on them in an emergency.

Dutchman2

Name:	eyebolt-rated-capacity-diagram.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	43178
    QDutchman2
    Will do. Thanks!! I appreciate the info, I wasn't aware of that.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods