Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check Your Dual Tank Propane Regulator

Woke up this morning with a strong propane odor around outside of our Solitude. Narrowed the source down to the dual tank propane regulator. Leak test showed it was leaking from the top of the unit where the tank selector switch is located. It's a Fairview model GR-9984. Amazon reviews show they tend to develop a leak in this area. I think that's a dangerous situation. Not on the Grand Design recall list. I questioned how they know my Solitude's propane regulator is not on the recall list because they couldn't tell me what brand or part number was in it. They said they put in what's available at the time of manufacture. Replacement on order. we were fortunate that it only got down into the low 50s where we were camping and didn't need to run the furnace. Took the chill off with electric fireplace. Cooked on our portable gas grill and electric for hot water.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did get a whiff of propane under the door side tank a month back but it was momentary and both tank valves were shut off. Got that smell when the door side tank ran out. Is your tank selector switch on the off door side also?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selector switch is located on off door side/ driver side.