User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Route 17 from VB to to Wilmington, NC?

Is this a good route to take with an RV? I've never been on this road before and would like to know before we travel. Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use RV Trip Wizard to plan routes, now, and it works very well. You enter the specs for your rig (height, weight, length, width, etc.) and it will route you on appropriate roads. We have driven between those two places, but it was a couple of years ago and I don't remember which roads we took (it wasn't interstates, though).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are sections of RT17 that take you over nice new highway and then boom you're routed through a small town. It's not a bad ride just not real quick. I did that ride many times, both ways going from Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Swansboro N.C. (Emerald Island- Cedar Point Rec. Area) and back. If I recall correctly it took about 7 hours to get from Pocomoke City, Md. to Cedar Point campground. Another alternative is RT11, it takes about the same time to cover but probably easier when you get closer to Wilmington, the stretch on RT 17 from Jackson NC to Wilmington can be a bugger. Also RT17 has a rest area in Beaufort County near Chocowinity. Are you going to Carolina Beach State Park?
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-24-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.