User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puck light cover removal

Hello, we currently own a 2021 reflections rv, t
    We’ve noticed that the puck lights have wooden shavings in them that we’d like to clean out. Is there a way to remove the cover so we can empty them, I’ve found that they are the spring style that keep them in place but can’t find a way to remove just the cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our Reflection, I was able to just pull gently on them and the whole fixture pops out. There were two spring loaded clips that hold them in place. Once out I was able to turn them on their side and gently pull the cover back just enough to shake the dust out. I could not get the cover completely off. Maybe there is another member here with a tip to do that.

Good luck and remember to go slow and gently.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the same thing a week ago. Very small screwdriver helps to pry the cap off. It is held to the fixture with 4 very small tabs, 2 on each of the long sides about an inch from where it starts to curve along the short end. Make sense?
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thanks, I’ll pull them out and use a jewellers screwdriver to open them up.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGG21 View Post
    Hello, we currently own a 2021 reflections rv, t
    We’ve noticed that the puck lights have wooden shavings in them that we’d like to clean out. Is there a way to remove the cover so we can empty them, I’ve found that they are the spring style that keep them in place but can’t find a way to remove just the cover. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    On some of the puck lights the cover can simply be unscrewed from the light itself without removing the fixture.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puck light cover removal

I would invest in a plastic spudger set. It is an assortment of different shaped pry tools for delicate or finished items that you could scar up using a metal screwdriver. Stuff like the lights, ac registers etc are perfect use for these types of tools. Link below…

https://a.co/d/62VHBkj

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just springs that hold them in place. Fingers work well to remove them from the ceiling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all, I’ll look into the plastic set, I’m sure it has a lot of uses. I’ve managed to get one out of the ceiling and the cover off. A bit finicky but it was doable.