User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailer Aid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same issue here, have to use 2X6 under it to get the tire high enough off the ground. I like your mod and will definitely replicate come spring.

I do like having the Trailer Aid. I use it when inspecting the brakes and repacking the bearings. Much easier and safer than jacking. I have a pretty hefty floor jack and it does not have the reach to make it up to the frame, so you have to add blocks to increase its reach. Also have an issue of it sinking into the asphalt driveway with weight on it. The Trailer Aid eliminates these issues.

DAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Between this gizmo not being wide enough to fully support the tire or tall enough to get the tire off the ground, one has to wonder what exactly was this thing designed for ? Maybe landscaper trailers with 14" tires or golf carts to lift a tire off the ground enough to allow someone to retrieve a tee that got stuck in the undercarriage ?
    I’ve used my Trailer Aid with our previous RV that had 15” wheels and torsion axles. Worked perfectly fine.

I am glad to have seen this thread so that I know to make myself a 2x6 addition for using with my 337RLS.
    Steve & Katey
    Full time since 07/01/2022
    2020 Ford F-350 DRW (5361 payload)
    2024 Solitude 390RK (FBP and Morryde IS from factory)
    2018 Reflection 337RLS (Still got it!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12