User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackstone Grills

I'm looking at getting a Blackstone Grill and there is so many models I'm not sure if one is better then the other.

I have a few questions:

I see one for $217 which is the Blackstone Adventure Ready 22" Griddle with Stand and Adapter Hose. Is this a good price and model?

Does anybody know if there is a difference between the Adventure Ready and the On-The-Go models.

Also for those that have one would you get one again if something happened to it?

Is it worth the extra weight to get a 22" versus a 17"?

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 28" at home and have the 17" with us. There's only the two of us, so the 17" works great for us. I got the adapter so I could hook it up to
    tank, and not have to mess with the little bottles. I also bought the wind breaks, and a lid since our 17" didn't come with a lid.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 22" and like the dual burners so I can run different temps on each side if necessary. I purchased a nylon bag off the Blackstone website that holds the griddle, hood, and table. It makes for convenient transport but is quite heavy.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We carry the 17" with us when we travel. It's small and there is just the two of us so it works really well. We did get the adapter hose to use with a propane tank. This thing eats those little green ones like M&M's. We also bought a cookie sheet to keep under it as the heat it produces started to warp our plastic folding table.

I do like that the 22" has a folding stand and a lid that closes and two burners.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots on here about these. I had a 17" with a grill on the side. Used the grill to boil water. Finally ditched it for the 22" with lid & stand. Two burners, more room to cook stuff on in different heat zones. Heavy-they all are.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22" with stand and we use it at home and in the trailer. It's great! You can cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner on it. It's a tad heavy, but it is iron.

We do pancakes, hash browns, french toast, BACON, burgers, carne/pollo asada, hot dogs, grilled onions, on and on.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    We carry the 17" with us when we travel. It's small and there is just the two of us so it works really well. We did get the adapter hose to use with a propane tank. This thing eats those little green ones like M&M's. We also bought a cookie sheet to keep under it as the heat it produces started to warp our plastic folding table.

I do like that the 22" has a folding stand and a lid that closes and two burners.
    We had a small aluminum table for our Blackstone, but there was no place to put anything, so we picked up this one: https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Trail-D.../dp/B01BJ3DJ3Q. It works great and folds up fairly small with its own carry bag. I also bought one of the light weight lids to fit the 17" and installed the handle on the top so I can pick it up like a lid. Add in the wind guards and it does one heck of a job.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the Blackstone Adventure Ready 17” tabletop outdoor from Walmart for ~$97. We use a light weight aluminum table to set it on and bought a quick connect hose and connector to tap into the LP port on the side of the trailer. It works for the two of us but we probably only use it every other trip or so. We bought the carry bag and store it under the bed when in transit.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    We had a small aluminum table for our Blackstone, but there was no place to put anything, so we picked up this one: https://www.amazon.com/Ozark-Trail-D.../dp/B01BJ3DJ3Q. It works great and folds up fairly small with its own carry bag. I also bought one of the light weight lids to fit the 17" and installed the handle on the top so I can pick it up like a lid. Add in the wind guards and it does one heck of a job.
    Hey! I like that. We've been using one of the plastic tables that fold in half. I think we got it at Costco. Plenty of room but not impervious to heat. Thanks for the reply.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started with the 17" single burner. I didn't like the drip tray slid out part on the front left corner. Upgraded to the 22" with metal cover and duel burners and the grease tray is in the rear and centered. Came with a carry bag so that makes it easy to move it around. Bought a standard vinyl cover to cover it up when not in use. The metal cover works good when you need a full wind block on the rear and as an additional cover. I put it on a campground table or on a foldable table next to the rig. I did buy an adapter from propaneparts.com so I can hook it up to the outside gas port or a 20# tank. Also bought wind guards from the $1.25 store when they were $1 there before inflation. They double as guards and scrapers. Walmart is blowing these out currently. I don't regret getting one without their stand. There's a number of Blackstone groups out there and some good tips on use. You kind of have to weed though some of the comments but all in all, it's pretty basic. Best camping cook purchase I've done. We very seldom cook inside unless the weather just stinks. Just upgrade to a newer version of table - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The previous version table is what we now have for home.

EDIT: The adapter I referred to is so you can hook to already regulated propane on the rig line, if you have a connection already. We have a separate hose for the 20# to the BS regulator.
    Last edited by BobinICT; 09-23-2022 at 05:50 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast