User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the 17”. Just the two of us and it is perfect. Have the folding table and propane adaptor to attach to the onboard tanks. I like the 17” because I store it and the table in the basement when not in use. I think the 22” would be more of a hassle to move in and out and take up more room. I personally like the front drip tray since it makes it easy to clean out. I put some oil on the griddle before use, spread it around with a paper towel then put the paper towel in the drip tray to absorb any liquids. Makes it easier for cleaning after. Have a friend with a larger model with the drip tray in the back. He ended up modifying it to use a hose to a bucket because the drip tray was inconvenient to empty.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 17" with the rear grease catcher. Which is why I don't have the foldable lid. But honestly I like the lift off better. Easier to store.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 22” but kinda wish I had the 17”. As noted above, the 22” is heavy and probably a little more surface than the two of us need.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have the 22 and it is perfect for us. like the dual burner and the lid. the stand is ok but could be better. but overall it cooks well. i have no issues handling it but i can see why some prefer the 17. the adventures are a great improvement over the tailgater in my opinion. i added the quick connect hose to mine so it plugs in and i don't need an extra tank.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22" and do most of our cooking on it. By choice, we seldom cook in the trailer (cooking oils and moisture atomization issues). We do multiple ingredient and/or multiple meal cooking so, the real estate and temperature control of the 22" is important to us. Even after one burner is off we can still cook eggs on that side. As for weight, we pack it so it is first out, last in within easy and comfortable reach. Compared to all other grills we have owned, this is our favorite, cleaning is a snap.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I'm looking at getting a Blackstone Grill and there is so many models I'm not sure if one is better then the other.

I have a few questions:

I see one for $217 which is the Blackstone Adventure Ready 22" Griddle with Stand and Adapter Hose. Is this a good price and model?

Does anybody know if there is a difference between the Adventure Ready and the On-The-Go models.

Also for those that have one would you get one again if something happened to it?

Is it worth the extra weight to get a 22" versus a 17"?

Thanks.
    I had the 17" table top griddle with stainless front and front grease tray and loved it. There are five of us that camp together and the 17" was too small to cook everything at once. I replaced the 17" with the Adventure 22. I like the stand and hood on the 22 but miss the front grease tray on the 22. I find that it's real easy for little things that I'm cooking to get pushed through the grease tray opening and into the tray. The 22 is a little heavy but the larger cook surface let's me cook more things at once which makes cooking a meal faster and easier. I don't find the extra weight to be a problem and I would buy it again. Bigger is better right? As for the price that $217 is full retail. In my opinion it's worth it if you don't want to wait for a sale.

Would I buy another Blackstone? Absolutely! I bought the basic 28" for my house and found that I was getting back aches because it was too low and that the table on the side just about useless. This past spring I sold that one and replaced it with the 36" from Lowe's that has the hood, full cabinet underneath and side table that folds out. I really love that one. I don't get back aches anymore, can cook more at once and I don't need another table to put things on. If that one wasn't so heavy I'd take it camping with me.
    Russ
    2023 Transcend Xplor 297QB
    2017 Silverado 1500
    Blue Ox hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22. Love it. It is heavy though, pretty much the only thing I will say negative about it. It has the two burners with the stainless hood., rear grease tray and it’s adapted to work off a 5 lb or trailer propane. Did not get the universal table. We use a 6ft plastic table and that works fine for us. Used the 22 inch this summer to cook breakfast for about 10 folks and dinner for the same amount. We bought a generic bag from Amazon that works.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure most of you will disagree with me but here goes. I bought into the hype of the Blackstone grill and used couple of times. Instead of Blackstone grill just buy a hot plate and use it outside and you can us campgrounds electric and not use propane. To me the food on a Blackstone taste the same as if was cooked inside on the stove in a pan or on a hot plate. I have Weber that when I put my steaks on the grill they get grill marks and some smoke flavor not cooked on flat grill taste. I do have the cast iron inserts that fit on the Weber so I a cook eggs and bacon if want but mostly used for hamburgers and steaks that I enjoy the BBQ taste. But that just me!!!
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CWSWine, I agree with you. The first time I “grilled” burgers on the Blackstone was a bit disappointed, they were fried. My wife said “what did you expect?”
    For us, the Blackstone really shines at breakfast as it allows all the cooking in one step. Pancakes, bacon, and eggs all at the same time.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 17 inch Blackstone for a few year and it works great, However I just replaced it with one of these Razor Griddles and like it better.
    https://www.campingworld.com/razor-p...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast