User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three years ago we started with the 17" Blackstone (and it is a great unit) but I always wished I had the 22" with the dual burners (even for cooking just for the two of us). We bought the 17" when they were first becoming very popular and they were still on the pricey side. Earlier this year I found a great deal at Camping World for the 22" Blackstone that was less than what we had originally paid for the 17" (we got a lot of milage out of that unit and was still in great shape when we upgraded). You can also find non-blackstone brands even cheaper. The 22" came with the cover and I purchased the bag separately. Yes it is bulkier than the the 17" was but not that bad and it stores nicely in the storage area of our 2500RL. We also keep a folding table (4'x2') stored on the TT for a prep/cooking surface. Both always stay on the TT 'cuz we have a 36" at home (which is also an awesome unit). Cant imagine ever going back to a regular flame grill on the road or at home. Overall easier to clean and maintain and they have a lot more flexibility (try doing stir fries or pancakes with a regular gas grill lol). I always run the 22" off the TT propane supply and never had a problem with it being hot enough. In fact I don't think I've ever cooked anything on the highest setting unless it was windy. The early 17" units were made for the small gas canisters but I modified it to run off of the TT supply (instruction I believe I found somewhere on this site). Nowadays they come with the adapters necessary to do either. I also had the wind deflectors of the 17" unit and they worked great when needed on windy days. I need to get them for the 22".

My recommendation (if anyone cares) is to go for the two burner 22" unit. Even if its just two people. You won't be disappointed and they're pretty inexpensive these days.

Also, we don't use it for everything. Sometimes its just more convenient to cook inside depending on the meal. If we're just cooking a couple chicken breasts or burgers then sometimes its just easier to cook them inside. If we're on a short trip I might not even set the blackstone up if I don't think we really need it.

Antway, just my 2 cents worth
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just starting with the 22in. Love it. Got it with the cover and bought the stand which so far I don't care much about. I find it a bit of a PITA to set up. Love the grill and the 2 burners but it is on the heavy side. Planning on getting the bag to help with the weight.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'm still carrying the bbq around but will choose one over the other shortly. Blackstone has a little lead.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I'm looking at getting a Blackstone Grill and there is so many models I'm not sure if one is better then the other.

I have a few questions:

I see one for $217 which is the Blackstone Adventure Ready 22" Griddle with Stand and Adapter Hose. Is this a good price and model?

Does anybody know if there is a difference between the Adventure Ready and the On-The-Go models.

Also for those that have one would you get one again if something happened to it?

Is it worth the extra weight to get a 22" versus a 17"?

Thanks.
    I've had the 17" for a couple of years and enjoy using it however, You asked if I'd get another if something happened to this one. Last April we were coming back to Alabama from Missouri and spent a night in Mississippi. There was a large family of 8 pitching beanbags and sipping cold beverages and we were invited to participate. After a while one of them moved over to the picnic table and started cooking. I walked over and to my surprise they had a griddle similar to the Blackstone except it had a non-stick surface. I don't know the brand but if I were shopping for another, I would sure give it a try.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    I'm looking at getting a Blackstone Grill and there is so many models I'm not sure if one is better then the other.

I have a few questions:

I see one for $217 which is the Blackstone Adventure Ready 22" Griddle with Stand and Adapter Hose. Is this a good price and model?

Does anybody know if there is a difference between the Adventure Ready and the On-The-Go models.

Also for those that have one would you get one again if something happened to it?

Is it worth the extra weight to get a 22" versus a 17"?

Thanks.
    I bought the 22 with a stand, lid and bulk propane hose and regulator. The extra room on the 22 is nice when cooking different items, especially for breakfast. I store the grill plate apart from the stand. This cuts the weight down dramatically when moving and storing. My stand and grill enclosure goes in the front storage of my 5th wheel. The grill goes in the pass through. The regulators are a pain sometimes. You have to reset the regulator if the flame is not burning strong enough. ( My only complaint)
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ837 View Post
    I've had the 17" for a couple of years and enjoy using it however, You asked if I'd get another if something happened to this one. Last April we were coming back to Alabama from Missouri and spent a night in Mississippi. There was a large family of 8 pitching beanbags and sipping cold beverages and we were invited to participate. After a while one of them moved over to the picnic table and started cooking. I walked over and to my surprise they had a griddle similar to the Blackstone except it had a non-stick surface. I don't know the brand but if I were shopping for another, I would sure give it a try.
    FWIW. if the Blackstone is seasoned properly, it is a non-stick surface.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only person who would’ve rather taken the $200 and set it on fire? At least that would have been entertaining! Haha

I’m in the minority (I think), but I’ve been super disappointed with ours 😕 It heats so unevenly! There will be a 300° swing between the area directly above the burner and 2” away from it. We’ve used it 2 or 3 times and I’ve regretted not using that money on a portable bbq.

If anyone has some tips, I’d love to hear ‘em!

Cheers,
    -Sam
    Sam & Kay, 2 kiddos and the dog (rescue pup - lab mix)
    2021 RAM 2500 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
    2020 Grand Design Transcend 243BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 22 inch. Repeating other comments, two heat zones are key in my mind.
    However, the heat distribution varies greatly on the plate. Buy one of those laser thermometers to monitor and gain an understanding of this issue.

Also, mine gets extremely hot on even the lowest gas setting. I often turn the less hot side off and on to keep it where I want it.
    So it’s not such a worry free operation as you would think.

You get the hang of it after a while, but there is a learning curve.
    Last edited by Conguero; 09-28-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 22" model that came with a stand and lid. We love it, you can cook almost anything on it. We found a 12' hose made for a Blackstone that has the RV quick connect on the other end.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Blackstne but one annoying issue was leveling. I 3D printed some levelers but they were never steady enough. I then bought screw in leaving legs from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SD4HDV1...roduct_details

They screw in place of the little rubber legs and make leveling a snap
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast