User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2015 328m awnings

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I am in process of purchasing a 2015 328M. This rig only has one 18' awning and so I am looking to add a second awning over the rear garage door as well as the rear patio. My question is are these prewired to power the second side awning? I am extremely skilled as a mechanic and electrician so any DIY is not a problem but if the wires are there well all that much easier. I am upgrading from a Forest River Wild Cat max 322.
    Also interested in the 3 season rear doors.
    Thank You

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamd View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the site and I am in process of purchasing a 2015 328M. This rig only has one 18' awning and so I am looking to add a second awning over the rear garage door as well as the rear patio. My question is are these prewired to power the second side awning? I am extremely skilled as a mechanic and electrician so any DIY is not a problem but if the wires are there well all that much easier. I am upgrading from a Forest River Wild Cat max 322.
    Also interested in the 3 season rear doors.
    Thank You
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Since I don't have that coach, I can't help with the awning. I can say that your skills will serve you well, there's so much that can pop up to ruin a camping trip, it's great to be able to fix them yourselves and get on with what you came for. This forum is a great place to ask for help from your fellow GD owners.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my wife has a knack for finding weak spots in everything. I’ve fixed many a thing on mine and fellow campers rigs. Thanks

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2015 has a manual awning in the back. I don't think in the early years they used power awnings on the back, so probably no wires.

Edit: and rear side doubtful they prewired.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 09-24-2022 at 09:21 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE