Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still struggling with air in bathroom lines, Maybe Oxygenics????

Is it possible for the Oxygenics shower head that I installed in the shower to be adding air in the bathroom faucet lines. I cannot find the source for my air in the lines issue, no leaks, new pump.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Oxygenics causes no problem on our TT. There’s really no way air would go against water flow and into lines anyway.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it in both hot and cold lines? Is it when using the pump and city water both? Did you replace the filter upstream of the pump when installing the new pump? Could be cracked cover on filter. Perhaps let some air/water out of the water heater via the relief valve behind the outside cover of the water heater.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others said no problem with the Oxygenics. We drain our HW tank via the low point drains before leaving the campground to return home. The next time out after the HW tank is full and heated, when I draw water from the hot side faucet there is a lot of air. I usually open the hot side on both the kitchen and bathroom sink at the same time. It may take a good minute or so before hot water starts to flow.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Is it in both hot and cold lines? Is it when using the pump and city water both? Did you replace the filter upstream of the pump when installing the new pump? Could be cracked cover on filter. Perhaps let some air/water out of the water heater via the relief valve behind the outside cover of the water heater.
    Desperately neer answers to these questions ^^^^^
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are hooked to city water, 99.9999% chance you just have air trapped in the lines somewhere. Outside sprayer, water heater etc. all need to be flushed to push the air out. Air can’t get in to your pressurized water system except via the water source.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the answers to all your questions.
    New pump installed, works fine no leaks or cracks in the bowl, Yes I have released the air and water from water heater, bled all lines including outside shower ports, no leaks at the underbelly or any joints behind the nautilus system or plumbing, all check valves seem to be working properly, I have plugged both the city water and the aux. water fill to see if the air went away. I have not changed the check valve on the water heater but it is not leaking so how would it be sucking air. I am at wits end and have spent 40 plus hrs trying to chase this issue.
    Kitchen faucet seems good shower not so good bathroom sink the worse. Cold side worse than hot. CITY WATER HOOK UP, NO AIR!! Baffles the crap out of me.
    Where the heck could air get injected in lines when dry camping that would not show a leak.
    Last edited by screamineagle; 09-25-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not hooked to city water, I am in dry camping mode. It is not doing it in city water mode.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good problem. Starting to suspect the piping between the pump and the fresh water tank. Ideas to check nautilus panel valves and fittings:

Bypass the water heater and see if it goes away.

Second idea:

configure for antifreeze and feed the system from a bucket and see if it goes away.

These tests could uncover issues with nautilus valves and fittings. Or a leak in the line from the fresh water tank to the nautilus panel and on to the pump.

Just thinking.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And. There is the valve that lets you pump water into the fresh tank from a bucket. usually for sanitizing. That thing connects to the pump inlet too. Another place for air to get sucked in if the valve or fittings are leaking.

Try doing that and see if there are any leaks behind the nautilus panel.

Drastic idea : Temporarily bypass the nautilus panel with some PEX to just feed the pump directly from the fresh water tank. No valves and perhaps very few fittings.

I gotta believe that the issue is upstream of the pump and there are a lot of fittings and valves there. That is where I would focus.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast