User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This morning I kicked the furnace on for a few minutes to take the chill off (dry camping so propane). Promptly found one coming out of the island heat vent. These things aren't hard to catch so far - mostly sitting on something.
    Last edited by ajg617; 09-24-2022 at 06:16 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a miller moth. We picked ours up one night in Fort Collins, CO many years ago. They attached themselves to the bottom of the slide. We brought the slide in and they were with us for a month.
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pengle View Post
    That looks like a miller moth. We picked ours up one night in Fort Collins, CO many years ago. They attached themselves to the bottom of the slide. We brought the slide in and they were with us for a month.
    Another clue (as another just flew up to the kitchen light) since I pulled one off the gasket of the bedroom slide the other night.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got an infestation of pantry moths in our house from a pack of infested baking flour we bought. You can’t see them when you buy it, but trust me, after a few weeks, you’ll see the larvae (little worms). By the way, you can also get moths from infested pet food and/or birdseed if you have it.

We ended up having to clean the pantry shelves, and the front closet (they like clothing)…walls included as they lay their eggs on walls and ceilings…with soapy water. We also set several moth traps.

We had to put all our food (including pet food)in plastic Tupperware type containers. Some moths can chew through packing plastic and paper.

It took about 6-9 months, but we finally got rid of them. Moths are very hard to get rid of unfortunately, especially if they have a food source.
    2021 Ram 1500 Sport, 5.7 HEMI, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2023 23LDE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that moths, like butterflies, hatch from caterpillars, they aren't like bees with a queen. If they are hatching in your rig, you'll find evidence of their cocoons. You most likely picked up hitchhikers that were attracted to the light from your rig, and found a comfy place to hide come sunrise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Put a bug light outside and get an electric flyswatter for inside.
    I started using the "Bug-Assault" rifle that daughter and son in law got me. It's really fun to blast them buggers with salt. It don't hurt the window screen, glass, walls....It don't leave guts smeared on the windows. And best of all it don't smell like burnt hair like the electric fly swatter. We did have huge June bugs at Theodore Roosevelt N.P. that were probably "packin" iron. Them things were as big as hummingbirds. I accidentally left the outside light and truck canopy light on and the noise they made hitting the outside of the trailer sounded like heavy rain. There were dozens of them attracted to the lights when I finally mustered up the courage to go out and close the truck up. A few even followed me back inside.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlk111 View Post
    I started using the "Bug-Assault" rifle that daughter and son in law got me. It's really fun to blast them buggers with salt. It don't hurt the window screen, glass, walls....It don't leave guts smeared on the windows. And best of all it don't smell like burnt hair like the electric fly swatter. We did have huge June bugs at Theodore Roosevelt N.P. that were probably "packin" iron. Them things were as big as hummingbirds. I accidentally left the outside light and truck canopy light on and the noise they made hitting the outside of the trailer sounded like heavy rain. There were dozens of them attracted to the lights when I finally mustered up the courage to go out and close the truck up. A few even followed me back inside.
    Just be aware of the salt that it leaves in places you can't get to that, when it interacts with condensation or moisture, can lead to corrosion.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12