User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level question

We just got a new Reflection 337RLS with the grey auto level control pad, not the newer touch screen. When we brought the camper home, the auto level worked great. When I turned it on and used the arrow key, the “ground front jacks” was there and I was able to go through the process just like in the owner’s manual. The zero level from the factory was way off so I did a manual level and reset the zero. Then a couple of days ago I pulled it to Saint Louis to get a Clear Bra put on the front. When I got home I went to unhook and the “ground front jacks” was no longer there. I had to manually ground the jacks and raise it off the truck, then the auto level worked as normal. I called the service manager and he gave me two things to do to reset the system. First was to disconnect the power to the system for 30 minutes and allow it to reset, it didn’t work. The next was to extend all jacks 6” then hold the retract button for 5 seconds until the jacks start to move and that is supposed to recalibrate the jacks, that did not work either. Also, when you turn on the system it is supposed to say “Ready” and either jacks up or jacks down. Mine is just saying Ready.

Has anybody experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks for the help,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have found no answer for my problem. I called Lippert and they said that there was something wrong with either the touchpad or the controller itself because I am not getting the options I am supposed to. The simple fact that it doesn't say "Jacks Up" or "Jacks Down" makes me think something has happened and it is preventing it to do the "Drop Front Jacks". Lippert says to take it back to the dealer and have them switch out the touchpad and then the controller and see which one fixes the issue then order a new one. Problem is that my dealer has no spares in stock and is not willing to take one off of another unit just to test mine.

Does this problem sound familiar to anyone and what fixed the issue.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no experience with that system, I wish I could help you out. A loose wire maybe? I'm actually surprised that no one chimed in. Since your rig is still under warranty, I'd bring it back to the dealer or get GD to approve a mobile tech.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I have no experience with that system, I wish I could help you out. A loose wire maybe? I'm actually surprised that no one chimed in. Since your rig is still under warranty, I'd bring it back to the dealer or get GD to approve a mobile tech.
    I had it to the dealer and wanted him to switch out the control panel and touchpad with a unit that was working to see if it would fix my problem and let them know what to order. He wouldn't do that. He just sent a request for help to Lippert when they told me to have the dealer do the above procedure to isolate the problem. I think I will go back down there Monday and talk to him before taking the trailer back to him. If that doesn't work, I will call GD and see what they say.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been working with Grand Design on this problem. They first sent me a new touch pad, that did not work. Then they sent me a new control panel and I installed it yesterday and calibrated the new panel. Once it was set up and running it still did not fix the issue. My main screen still does not say Ready Jacks Up or Jacks Down, just says Ready. My menu screen still does not have Drop Front Jacks. Now Grand Design’s recommendation is to take it to the dealer. I really don’t want to do that. That means I would have to uncover it and then it would sit out in their lot while they decide what to do. Also, the last time I had it down there they had no idea what was the problem and they called Lippert and sent me home with the trailer. A few weeks later Lippert got back with them and told them to replace the control unit. That has been done and it didn’t fix the problem.

Anyone else have this problem and how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading about many of these issues people are having with various systems has me a little edgy about our new Reflection 5er. This auto level jack system was one thing I was excited about !

Sorry I have no experience with the system but as stated above, sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order. Is there another GD dealership you could try? They aren’t all the same when it comes to customer service.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off all let me say I don't have the same system as you, so...is this hydraulic or electric jacks?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if hydraulic what are the temps.... wherever you are.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If electric...there are multi wire connections at each jack. Disconnect each one, check for corrosion, then reconnect. Then in the front storage where the front jacks are....remove and replace each connector.
    My thinking is that the brains of the unit is not seeing one or more of the jacks as being at it's 'home' position...so you are not getting a Ready message. Those connectors have low voltage signals on them and a simple scrubbing of the connections by remove and replace may re-establish a good connection. For me this would be step one, along with verifying good battery voltage.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is electric and I have checked all of the connections and cleaned them. I also was dealing with Lippert tech center and they had me run a lot of different tests on the voltage and jacks and all of that was fine.

I have been back on the phone with Lippert today. and since the new control unit is doing the same thing as the old one, they are thinking there was a software update. Since the camper set on the dealer's lot not hooked up to Wi-Fi it still had the original software version. Then I brought it home and disconnected and everything worked as advertised. I then got the camper set up and connected it to my Wi-Fi and the camper went through all of its software updates. Then the next time I went out with the camper, with the new software updates, I noticed it was working different. The tech guy is checking on it to confirm this is what happened. He said they were having problems with the auto front jack grounding, so they probably just removed it and now you have to manually ground each front jack before lifting the camper off the truck. Now this is the first time anyone had an explanation that made any sense. I will let everyone know once he confirms this and calls me back. He actually called back earlier wanting pictures of the original and new Touch Pad and Controller.

Thanks for the responses,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast