User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Anybody streaming live tv content over starlink?
    I'm trying Hulu but because starlink changes it's IP address it keeps telling me that i'm not at home and shuts down Live tv.
    We stream live English football on YouTube TV, Peacock and Paramount using Starlink. Works fine.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Firestick that we'd like to use at our local State Park campground, but it won't connect. Thing is we can access Prime Video via our Sony BlueRay player that has that application pre-loaded. Anyone know of a trick to get our Firestick to work?
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is getting crazy. Especially when your paying to see advertisements. We now have Netflix, Prime, Paramount + and was entertaining getting Disney + cause DW likes Dancing with the Stars. We decided that after we've done our Netflix play list we will cut it and only keep 2 streaming services at a time on a few months rotation. So binge our shows and cut it and off to the next.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not just the streaming services nickel and diming us. we have dishtv and today disney pulled the plug on ESPN, ACC network, SEC network, ABC and FX channels from us over a contract dispute with DISH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I also am not a fan of moving things to streaming services. My wife’s two favorite shows are Dancing With The Stars and Days of Our Lives, both of them require a paid subscription to a streaming service now. What really chaps my hide is that, even though I pay for the service, We still get advertisements.

I also have the problem of having a television that is about 6 years old so it does not do the Disney, Peacock, and some other apps nor does it do Apple Play so I cant send from the Ipad to to the TV. Looks like about $1800 for one that will do everything nicely.
    Get a streaming addon like Roku, Amazon Fire stick or Google Chromecast. They have all the app you need. Upgrade that 6yr old TV for about $30 Plus the cost of the streaming services, which I agree, are getting ridiculous :-(
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyrandy View Post
    not just the streaming services nickel and diming us. we have dishtv and today disney pulled the plug on ESPN, ACC network, SEC network, ABC and FX channels from us over a contract dispute with DISH
    We have Dish as well and I find Disney to be one of the most greedy corporations in America. They are monopolizing everything which would make Walt turnover in his grave. Disney wants $1 billion dollars from Dish to renew the contract. Corporate greed is ruining America!

Wow, I need to go to Disneyland to calm my nerves!
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppyz06 View Post
    We have Dish as well and I find Disney to be one of the most greedy corporations in America. They are monopolizing everything which would make Walt turnover in his grave. Disney wants $1 billion dollars from Dish to renew the contract. Corporate greed is ruining America!

Wow, I need to go to Disneyland to calm my nerves!
    *1billion more than their original contract. Have sling and literally only pay for orange+sports to watch college football, but f Disney for this crap. They already ruined the sports center I grew up with.

Anyway, agree with the OP, but take Disney out of the equation and it isn’t so bad. Want to watch your one team’s sports? You need cable to see espn. But then for homecoming we need sec network too. Then the cupcake games are on espn+ - of course that’s it’s own thing too paid separately. Everyone else you pay for their service you get it. Disney you pay for espn, you still have to pay twice over again to actually get everything. And you still don’t get Disney plus - that’ll be even more still.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money Grab

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If rabbit ears doesn't get it it isn't worth watching. I used to complain about so many sports shows going to cable, so I quit watching. You would be amazed at what other great things there are to do. I know my bank account likes it.
    There are some awesome shows on PBS if you can get it over the air. I ditched all but one of my streaming services (Prime) due to the other benefits of having it. Haven't had cable in years I have no issue paying for content I want to watch but they want you to pay for access and then show ads? Sorry not playing that game anymore, I have signed up for most of them at one time or another due to a few shows I enjoy but soon realized that they didn't have much content beyond those couple of shows. There are shows out there that I would love to watch but it isn't worth anymore for the money they charge. My hope is that more and more streaming services come online and start forcing real competition and pull the price way down. They have a choice, either use ads to fund content creation and allow free open access or charge a fee to view the content but you can't have both.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2010 Ram 3500 dually
    Home is where I park it.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazcon5 View Post
    There are some awesome shows on PBS if you can get it over the air. I ditched all but one of my streaming services (Prime) due to the other benefits of having it. Haven't had cable in years I have no issue paying for content I want to watch but they want you to pay for access and then show ads? Sorry not playing that game anymore, I have signed up for most of them at one time or another due to a few shows I enjoy but soon realized that they didn't have much content beyond those couple of shows. There are shows out there that I would love to watch but it isn't worth anymore for the money they charge. My hope is that more and more streaming services come online and start forcing real competition and pull the price way down. They have a choice, either use ads to fund content creation and allow free open access or charge a fee to view the content but you can't have both.
    I'll second the PBS suggestion. We also have a Prime membership and discovered that there is a PBS Documentary channel on Prime for only $4.95/month. I've really enjoyed watching all the great PBS documentaries without having to sit through their endless fundraising breaks during first-run broadcasts. As you stated, it's a case of choosing to pay the nominal fee rather than endure the ads.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

The Wife found out through a news article that a lot of the so called reality shows are made up crap
    Yep!

Years ago, I sold a house to a young couple who worked on the first "Survivor" series. One was the head writer, the other was a financial manager who had the title of "producer". They joked that the only thing "real" about a reality show was the money it made the network. The reason there are so many of them is that they are so cheap to produce.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast