User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realistic Hitch Weight on Transcend Xplor 200MK

I'm trying to determine what Grand Design trailer I can tow within my TV's very low payload capacity rating of 1175 lbs. I think the 200MK or the 17MKE would suffice, but after punching numbers for hitch weight, family, propane, and batteries, I'm estimating 560 lbs of payload left for a trailer.

Does anyone have any realistic hitch weight ratings for the Xplor 200MK?

I understand this is based on how you load the trailer, etc. I'm just looking for practical/real world examples if they're out there. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

The best way to estimate the hitch weight of a loaded travel trailer (that you don't have in your possession to take to the scales) is to use 12% of the GVWR of the Trailer. For the 200MK, that would be about 840 lbs. You can scroll down toward the bottom of this page and enter your numbers/do different what-if situations:

https://changingears.com/weight-calc...ht-calculator/

You can also use the search function on the forum (top right on the menu bar) to find the thread that's going on regarding a poll of hitch/pin weights from owners. You may find someone with your model in there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015