User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insight rear view Camera, pretty useless.

I got the camera to work on our new Reflection150 226RK but it is pretty much useless as delivered from Grand Design.

I can only get the Compass Connect App to work in portrait mode on IOS, the camera picture is in landscape mode so the picture only shows up as about 1/3 of the screen on the Iphone or the Ipad. With the phone it is too small to tell what is being shown without holding it right in front of my face, which is not a good idea while driving, and I don’t have a good place to put the Ipad in the truck where it could be seen without blocking other things that I need to see (such as the windshield). Plus the picture quality is poor, the resolution is pretty low so the picture is blurry.

I don’t know if spending the $227 to get the insight display would improve the picture enough to be worth buying it or if it would be better to scrap the whole setup and buy something else.

What are your experiences or opinions?
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I got the camera to work on our new Reflection150 226RK but it is pretty much useless as delivered from Grand Design.

I can only get the Compass Connect App to work in portrait mode on IOS, the camera picture is in landscape mode so the picture only shows up as about 1/3 of the screen on the Iphone or the Ipad. With the phone it is too small to tell what is being shown without holding it right in front of my face, which is not a good idea while driving, and I don’t have a good place to put the Ipad in the truck where it could be seen without blocking other things that I need to see (such as the windshield). Plus the picture quality is poor, the resolution is pretty low so the picture is blurry.

I don’t know if spending the $227 to get the insight display would improve the picture enough to be worth buying it or if it would be better to scrap the whole setup and buy something else.

What are your experiences or opinions?
    Yes, I totally agree that the Lippert Insight camera is useless. I replaced mine with this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8/ Very good picture and less expensive than the display you mention.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it has been downgraded from pretty useless to totally useless, It won’t stay connected to the phone when I am in the truck and on the road.

I just wish if they were going to include something like this in an RV they would put in something that works rather than this stress inducing disappointment.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the same experience as you but similar. When we bought ours we were offered the Furrion for a high price of over 700 or a Chinese noname for 400 that they said had great results. Well it did work well for 1 1/2 season then died. My bad for trusting the dealer and the noname. Installed a Haloview RD7 this spring and love it. Real clear and never lost signal. Not like my older one.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE